Ice Skating On A New Point Of View

The next thing Max knew he was walking with David in the snow holding a pair of child skates with him "WHEN DID IT EVEN SNOW ANYWAYS!?" Max yelled at the top of lungs. David looked back "last night the weather man last week said it would snow sometime this week isn't that exciting snow and before Christmas time oh Max we are going to have so much fun" he said all giddy and cheery he was holding adult sized skates in his hands as he lead the way to a small lake in the woods. Max looked at his skates "why do you even have child sized skates in the first place?" David looked back again. "Hmm? Oh, they were once my skates when I was your age, Yup! There a bit used and worn down, but they still work so don't worry and if you fall, I'll catch you" "Shut up I know how to skate David" Max huffed.

They got to make there wasn't a single soul out in the ice "There's no one here" Max looked up at David "yes well I did tell you before it's a secret spot now did I?" Max shrugged "I guess." They both slipped on the skates after taking off their shoes. David was quick to get on the ice he made a quick round about around the lake to make sure it was safe to skate on.

 Why David was doing that Max got onto the ice he looked down at the ice with a scowl. He already didn't like it sense he acutely didn't know how to skate just like he didn't know how to swim, so ice water wasn't any better. He took one step and slipped falling right onto his face; he was mad now he looked up to see David who had rushed over to help Max up he watched him fall "you okay?" David asked a bit worried "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M OKAY" he yelled then grabbed David's hand getting up "I think that's enough skating for me" he brushed himself off. "Oh come on Max let me teach you" David smiled "it's easy." Max glared at David for a moment. "Humph" he crossed his arms and turned away "please, Max for me? I want to show you" he offered his hand to Max he waited for a moment to see if Max would budge. Max looked back and sighs "fine" he takes David's hand. 

David grabs both of Max's hands holding them up a bit. "Okay you're going to skate with me use one foot to go forward the other to go back and alternate like a slide you know like sliding with socks." Max looks at his feet and moves forward as if he was sliding it starts to work, but he was having a hard time keeping himself straight "I'll help you balance so feel free to lean onto me if you need too" David looked at Max who was struggling a bit. David lets one hand go and lifts Max's head up by the chin "look at me Max; it might be easier if you look up rather than at your feet" Max looked up he was stunned his eyes widened a bit like a dear in headlights his cheeks turned red he was embarrassed. "U-UH DAVID LOOK OVER THERE ITS A DEAR!" Max quickly points somewhere behind David. David surprised turned his head to look "oh really?" Max quickly took this time to let go and pull his hoodie up he put his face into his hoodie and muffled his screams his cheeks where red his thoughts where everywhere now "SERIOUSLY MAX!? WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?" he calmed down and looked back up and grabbed David's hands again this made David turn back around to look back at Max. He notices Max's cheeks where still slightly pink "aww Max your cheeks are all red! Are you cold? We can go home and drink hot chocolate" he smiled giggling a bit. This only made Max blush more, but this time he had a glare on his face "Just shut up and continue the lesson!!" He grumbled. "Okay!" David continued to show Max how to shake until Max could skate on his own. Once he could he let go the two skated a bit more and David even showed Max some tricks; which was impressive. Once they finished, they got off the ice and started to walk back home.

"When the summer comes then I can teach you how to swim!" "No way fat chance not with everyone there" "oh your embarrassed?" "NO!" he meant yes but hated showing weakness. "Max if your embarrassed then we can have private lessons" Max paused his eye twitched "FINE!" He was huffy and his cheeks where all red again; he hated it. "Great let's go get some hot chocolate" Max didn't say anything for the rest of the way home.

They got home and David warmed up some water and got the hot chocolate packets ready after they put the skates away. Max sat on the couch he had his hood up; he held his legs close to his body his checks where still red; to him today was a good day. He smiled in his little in this fortress of himself. He smiled like an idiot; an idiot in love. He couldn't help it; David was so nice to him so calm, so caring, someone Max needed in his life. Someone to love and someone to love him.

 David looked over at max thinking Max was crying because of the way Max was hunched over "Max you okay?" He was worried Max shot up and looked back the smile was gone "huh oh yeah you done yet?" "Almost" he said as he poured the water in the cups with the hot chocolate powder "marshmallows Max?" "Of course! What the fuck is that even a question? Of course, marshmallows! you can't have hot chocolate without marshmallows" David plopped a few mellows in both the drinks he turned to Max "Hey! Language" he came over and sat next to Max handing him a cup of hot coco. 

Max took a few sips and just kind of held it he was close to David. He looked at the drink he was smiling. David looked down at Max he notices the smiling and smiled, but he made a mistake to ask why. "Your smiling what are you so happy about?" Max looked up "n-nothing!" He snapped. "Aww come on Max you can tell me it's just us in here" David chuckled sipping his coco. Max hesitated once again with a sighed "I actually had fun today like I'm serious and I can't believe I'm saying this, but its thanks to you I feel better and a bit more open when I'm around you David and it makes me happy I get these warm fuzzy feelings that I can't really explain, but it makes me feel good then my face gets all hot and warm; and I hate it, but I don't...you know?" He was looked at the coco as he spoke then looked back at David when he was done. David had a big stupid grin on his face. Max looked at him confused for a moment then David took both cups and put them on the table and grabbed max he gave him a big hug "Awww! Max, I love you too" Max squirmed a bit "No Stoooopp It!!!" he didn't want to waste much energy but quickly gave into the hug as a sigh of relief washed over him.