Conversation Starter

The next day Max wakes up in David's bed his eyes where all red and puffy from crying last night. He felt gross needing a shower. He gets up and heads into the living room that is also has the open kitchen he turned and saw David cooking he was making pancakes. He went up to David but didn't say anything he just watched. David turned to Max and smiled "Hey Max you are feeling better I thought it would be nice if we started off with a nice breakfast what do you say?" Max looked at David not really caring, but he knew David was just trying to make conversation "yeah sure whatever" he decided to explore. He was always curious on how David lived but before he could David spoke "Want to set up the table for me please? The forks and things are in the draw to my left and above that is the plates" He was focused on cooking. Max sighs and got the plates, he started to set up the table. David walked over with the plate and put a perfect pancake on the plate for Max "That's for you, you can eat it now if you want you don't have to wait for me" he went to cook his own pancake. Max sat at the table looking at the pancake it was so perfect looking it made him sick "how come you don't cook and the quartermaster has to cook for us?" He glared at David a bit "simple I can't cook for more than like five people at most!" He finished and came sitting down with his pancake. He sat across from Max and folded his hands "so Max do you want to talk about what happened?"

Max shifted his body away a bit as he ate "not really no all you need to know is I'm not going back" David nods "okay that's fine also I was thinking about inviting Gwen we could watch a movie just the three of us?" "Sure whatever" he was surprised at David's response and how calm David was. They ate in silence but once done David asks Max to help him with the dishes and the questions start up again. "So, I'm throw it out there, but did you run away from home?" "What gave you that idea David? Hm??" He growled glaring at David "well the reason why I asked is because Max if-" he was cut off by Max "STOP ASKING ALREADY I TOLD YOU I'M NOT SAYING SHIT JUST LEAVE ME ALONE" he slammed the silver where on the counter making a clank sound then in a huffy. Then went into David's room "IMA SHOWER" He yelled slamming the door. David jerked from Max lashing out then frowned "it must be really bad..." he sighs he just wanted max to be happy but now is not the time he waited a half an hour before knocking on the bedroom door "Max the reason why I'm asking is because I can get into a lot of trouble Max if your parents file you as missing and they find out that your with me I might go to jail for things that I haven't done and some even worse things might happen I don't want that...." He paused his own words made him want to tear up "you don't want that right? I just want to help you" Max was listening on the other side this broke his heart the one person who seemed to care about him might be taken away because of something stupid that he did. 

He slowly opened the door and looked at David. "H-he" his voice was shaky he really didn't want to talk to David about what happened. "H-he wouldn't stop no matter how many please or cries he just hurts me David, and my mother she gives me this glare like a glare of death like it's my fault they blame me David they hate me! What did I do wrong!?" He yells and cries at David "It's not fair!!! I hate myself I wish I wasn't ever born!" He stands there and starts to cry again and David watching this for a moment snapping back into reality, and grabs Max pick him up and he sat on the bed he puts Max in his lap, he hugged him. "I-I know it's not fair" he held Max close to his body he soothed Max allowing him to cry. As Max was crying and David did his best to comfort him Gwen walked in. David had invited Gwen before even asking Max, David needed to talk to her anyways, so she was already on her way. "hey guys I'm here I brought...box cake..." She paused looking up at the two. Max and David stopped looking up. Max yelled "GET OUT!!!!" at the top of his lungs Gwen panicked and slid out of the room as fast as possible David just got up slowly leaving Max on the bed and got up "I-I'll go talk to Gwen...." He sighed then exited the room. David leaves Max to his crying and goes up to Gwen he grabs her hand and takes her into the kitchen they start to talk.

"Is now a bad time?" She frowned putting her box cake on the counter "I guess... Gwen I'mso lost what should I do he ran away from his parents, but I can't keep himhere forever his parents will look for him and I could get in trouble and, and-"Gwen grabbed David's face to keep him from panicking "calm down David Iknow you can figure it out you can get through this you always do" shesmiled at him "let's just focus on the now well eat cake watch a movie andmaybe later we'll figure it out okay" David was hesitant but nods"I'm sure your right I shouldn't worry about it lets watch a moviethen" he sighs and puts on a smile. He knocked on the door letting Maxknow he was coming in and slowly opened it Max faced away from the door herubbed his eyes but didn't turn around when David entered

 "Max...."He waited a moment "Want to have some cake and watch a movie with Gwen andI?" He waited to see if Max would reply. Max thought about this offer fora moment and turned slowly nodding yes. Cake sounded good right about now. Hegot up and slid off the bed and followed David to the next room where Gwen hadthe tv on she was putting in the DVD for the movie. She looked up "good tose-" she was cut off by Max "We aren't going to talk about whathappened okay" she nods in agreement "anyways good to see you max Ibrought you cake and good movie for you ?" She smiled she knew the kid hadbeen threw a lot. So maybe something nice like a movie and cake would clear hismind off it. "Great Gwen you set it up I'll cut the cake" David wentinto the kitchen and opened the box cake it was a soft vanilla spongey cakewith strawberries on the top, cream in the center. "Wow good choice Gwen! Maxdo you like strawberries?" "Thanks, I thought you guys would like it Isaw it in a window-shop" she was busy setting up the screen and volume onthe tv. "Yeah I don't mind strawberries" Max went and sat on thecouch.

 David cut three slices and walked over with two plates he handed Max hispiece and put Gwen's on the coffee table. He went and grabbed his slice that heleft on the kitchen table he came back and sat next to Max, who was alreadymunching on the cake. "Is it good Max?" David looked down at Max witha smile Max looked up slightly and nods "mhm" he looked at the cake heplayed with the strawberry on the plate with his fork. He gave a soft smile itwas nice to sit like this with someone who seemed to care about him. Gwen thencame and grabbed her slice that David left for her and sat next to Max on theother side the movie starts.

Some time passes and its now dark out the cake was gone Gwen had fallen asleep halfway through the movie. The movie was nearing the end David was still watching, but Max was starting to get sleepy he was leaned up against David his eyes where half-awake. David looked down noticing this he wrapped an arm around Max pulling him a bit close the movie ends. Max could barely keep his eyes open, so David took this and picked up Max taking him to bed leaving Gwen the couch. David put Max to bed and tucked him into bed "Good night Max" he whispered but just before David exited the room Max called out David name "David w-wait" Max then quickly sat up in the bed rubbing his eyes a bit. David turned around he was tired but asked anyways "yes, Max what is it?" He smiled softly. Max was hesitant to ask his question. He bit his lip and took a breath of air then asked, "David can you sleep with me?" He says it quickly, so David had to take time to think David stood there for a moment "What!?" Then Max says it again "David can you sleep with me please" " I mean sure I was just going to sleep on the floor next to Gwen but yeah I can sleep with you" David then took off his pants he had boxers on underneath and climbed into bed with Max. He laid next to him; he had a warm smile on his face. He slowly closed his eyes turning onto his back and Max was lying next to him. He didn't smile, but he watched David it seemed that David was even more tired than he was. He waited for a moment then climbed up on top of David he rested his head on David's chest Max softly smiled as he listened to David's heart beat his face was now a light red this made him feel warm and fuzzy inside was this love? He pondered he nuzzled into the crook of David's neck blushing a bit more. David wrapped his arms around Max's body. Max was finally safe and now was sound asleep in David's arms.