Chapter 30

Two chapters for you guys, I hope you enjoy this chapter

After me and Damon had sex, I took a warm shower and crawled into bed with Damon after Damon had a shower. I fell asleep on his soft warm chest with his strong arms wrapped around me not letting me leave. This fucking hurts me to be in the arms of another man, I know I should get my mind off of Marshall but I can't seem to get my mind off him no matter what I do. 

When that unknown person texted me the image of Marshall having sex with Skylar all I was think is this the end for us, he did it because he saw a hickey on my neck and he didn't even let me explain the hickey which hurt me like hell because it was unintentional, the kiss would never have happened if I had stayed. 

I don't regret kissing him or having sex with him this is all on Marshall, he assumed I had sex with someone only because my hickey came into view, well now I did have sex with someone. I wake up to my phone ringing on the nightstand by his double bed.

"Mmmm... who is calling?"Damon says half asleep "I don't know" He lets go of me and I twist around on my side, I pick up the phone from the nightstand and check who is calling me; it's my mom, I think my mom might be worried since I never showed up home last night "It's my mom" Damon sits up. 

I answer the phone and lay back down "Hey mom" My mom is crying from the other end of the line... dear god she is dramatic "Mom, stop crying I'm fine I'm at--" My mom cuts me off "Your dad.....he....." My mom can barely get her words out since she is choking on her tears ".....is dead" I shot up, I use my hand and run it through my hair "What?" I yell, Damon puts his arms over my shoulders and pulls me into a hug as I use my hand and run it down my face.

I can't fucking believe what I'm hearing here, my dad is dead "What happened?" He whispers "He is dead, your dad is dead" I'm lost for words, I don't know how to react to this information I'm given so I hang up my phone and put it back on the nightstand "What happened?" Damon asks again but this time he urgently wants to know what happened. I turn to face him with a blank look on my face

"My dad... ummm"I clear my throat and scratch the back of my head in distraction as I'm about to cry "My dad died" I tell Damon "Shit" Damon pulls me into a hug and I cry into his chest "Shhhh, everything is gonna be fine" He rubs my back and scratches it softly as I cry into his chest. 

I pull away from the hug to look at him and Damon wipes away my tears, he cups my wet cheeks and stares me deeply in the eyes as he strokes them with a reassuring smile "If you wanna go home that's understandable I won't be mad" How is he so amazing when he seemed like an asshole when I first met him "What time is it?"I ask him "7:30 in the morning"He tells me "I need to go home"I tell him "Okay" 

I get out of  his bed and start putting my clothes on I had from last night, Damon does the same thing "Can you come with me to the funeral?" He looks at me shocked by my question "Uhhh.. I don't think that's a good idea"He shakes his head "Please"I beg "Fine but we are just friends in the funeral"I walk up to Damon and throw my hands around his waist and rest my head on his chest, he places his hands on my waist and pulls me in closer to him

"Thank you"I mumble into his chest "You're welcome" I let go of the hug and pick up my phone from the nightstand. I walk to the door with Damon following behind me "Can I get your phone number?" I ask him "Sure" I unlock my phone and pass it to him, he writes his phone number then passes it back to me "Thank you" I check the contacts and he labeled himself as "Adorable Asshole" I laugh at the name "You like it?" I look up at him "Yes" I nod with a giggle "It describes me well, huh?" He giggles and I nod while I giggle "Good luck when you get home" 

Damon kisses my cheek "Thank you" Damon kisses me long and soft then lets go "If you need me, call me" Damon says seriously "I will" I leave his apartment and the building. As I'm walking to the apartment I have the urge to call Marshall up but I don't think he wants to hear my voice. I stop dead in my tracks and pull my phone out from my pocket of my hoodie, I unlock it and call Marshall. 

Marshall is not picking up his phone it goes straight to voicemail. I leave a voice message. I'm supposed to be mad at him but this isn't the time to be.

"Marshall" I cry "I know you don't want to hear my voice but I just want to talk to you" I cry even harder "I'm so sorry for everything, this fucking hurts not being able to hear your voice because I really need to talk to you" I sniffle as I wipe away my tears "My dad died, I'm gonna be in New York for a few more days, if you get this message please tell Bella that I love her so much and that I miss her so much.... please" I beg "I need to go.... bye" I send him the voice message, I pray to god that he hears it. 

I walk to the apartment building and I take the elevator to the floor my parents in... well, now my mom is staying in since my dad died. I slowly stumble to the apartment, I open the door and my mom rushes up to me and gives me a really tight hug while crying in the crook of my neck "Oh my god I was so worried about you" I don't say anything "When did dad die?" She pulls away from the hug and wipes her tears away with the back of her hand "At 4:25am he died in his sleep"

I nod, I push past my mom and walk to my bedroom. I silently close the door behind me and I flop down on the bed. All of sudden my phone rings from my pocket. I check who is calling me the contact name says Marshall.. Thank you God for answering my prayers. I answer my phone "What happened?" I'm mad and relief to hear his voice "Brianna?" I'm not responding, I know you think this is confusing but I really don't want to respond just yet 

"Talk to me, damn it" He grows impatient "My dad died" I tell him coldly "Shit" He cuss under his breath "I'm so sorry, Brianna" He sounds sad "It's fine" I say "How did he die?" He asks me "In his sleep" I tell him "Do you want me to come to the funeral?" I'm taken by surprise by his question "No" I shake my head "Please?" He begs "Where is Bella gonna stay?" I ask him "She'll either stay at Hailie's or Alaina's place or with Kim" Marshall tells me "No, I don't need you here" I shake my head "I'll support you" He reassures me "Marshall, don't try to change my mind" I refuse him again "I'm not trying to change your mind I'm just saying you need support" He says kinda pissed off at my rejection 

"I'm very fucking angry and very upset" I finally tell him "Why the fuck are you angry?" He raises his voice at me "Why don't you tell me?" I ask him "I can't think of anything I did to make you angry" Marshall sounds confused "Someone sent me a picture of you and Skylar having sex on your bed" I raise my voice at him "You saw that?" He laughs "Why are you laughing?" 

I ask him shocked over his sudden outburst of laughing "I was praying for you to find out" He laughs "Is this a fucking joke to you?" I'm very pissed "Yes" He continues to laugh "That fucking hurts Marshall, seeing you and her having sex" My voice cracks but I'm too angry to show any signs of weakness "It fucking hurt me when I saw a hickey on your neck" He yells "If you had just let me explain then you would know why the hickey is on my neck" I yell "Explain how you had sex with someone?" Marshall scoffs "I didn't have sex with anyone" I yell at him 

"How the fuck did that hickey get on your neck then?" He asks yelling at me "I was high and I made out with someone" I tell him "That makes things so much better" He sarcastically say "At least now you know I didn't sleep with anyone" 

There's awkward silence between us but I break the silence as soon as I remember what he previously said "What the fuck did you mean it hurt you when you saw the hickey?" I ask him "Are you really gonna ask that question?"He angrily says "Yes" I nod "You are so stupid" Marshall laughs "Marsh---" Marshall interrupts me "I'm still in love with you" He yells "What?" I asked shocked "You heard me" Marshall scoffs 

"Ummm" I need to come up with a lie to get away from this awkward conversation "I need to go, my mom is calling me" I lie "Br--" I hang up the phone on Marshall before he could say anything more and throw my phone on the floor. He is still in love with me but he had sex with Skylar and in revenge I slept with Damon. The thought is killing me, I lay on my stomach and scream into my pillow.