Chapter 16

1 month flew by so quickly, nothing special has happened except Hailie won, Max lost. She found me a house that I actually really like. It's a two story house with four big bedrooms, the living room is spacious and it has a fireplace with the TV screen mounted above the fireplace, the kitchen is a beautiful plain white and big with an island in the middle of the kitchen and there is literally a pizza oven near, the bedrooms are big  with chandeliers dangling in the center of the room and the backyard is so beautiful it has a swimming pool it will be so much fun for Bella to play in. 

Hailie definitely has a good taste; it's perfect for me and Bella to live in and it's twenty minutes away from Hailie. Me and Marshall have been at each others throats, we are always yelling and screaming at each other because he wants Bella and he is mad that I won't say these simple words "Marshall, Bella is your daughter". He wants me to tell him so badly but I can't seem to get those words out of my mouth. 

We have been arguing about other things that I won't discuss because they are not important, I vowed to not let him win, I will not allow that bastard take Bella away from me. 

Bella really likes him and she is always asking when he'll come over but my answer always remains the same "I don't know" as soon as I say that she stomps to her room for ten minutes then comes to me with a pout. When Marshall steps his foot down in my house Bella runs up to him and hugs him tightly and says thing likes she misses him so much which is really sweet because Marshall is always giving his full attention to her. 

Marshall would sometimes bring over his drawings of superheros that he used to draw when he was a kid and she would look so fascinated over his drawings. 

He would talk to her about his past before the fame obviously he wouldn't go into detail about all the really bad stuff that he went through with his mother and De'angelo Bailey, he would only tell her that he was bullied really bad. Marshall does call and text me to talk about Bella from time to time but that's basically it, we never really have a normal conversation because we hate each other and most of the time when we are left alone it's just awkward. 

Sometimes I can feel him eyeing me like he wants to kill me. I'm driving to Hailie's house from my trip to the mall. I brought so many clothes for me and Bella and I brought her a gift, I'm sure she will love it. Speaking of Bella, she is at Hailie's house with Alaina and Marshall.

I made it to Hailies home and set all the bags on the couch. I walk into the kitchen and see Hailie and Alaina cooking, Marshall and Bella are drawing and laughing together around the dinning table "Hey" Hailie, Alaina and Bella all look at me with a smile on their face except for Marshall, he doesn't look at me.... asshole "Mommy" Bella gets off her seat and runs to me, I pick her up and shower her with kisses. She is giggling so much. 

I love her little giggle it's so sweet and innocent "I missed you mommy" She smiles "I missed you too baby, did you have fun?" I ask her  "Yes mommy" She nods "I brought you something" Bella squeals, we walk out of the kitchen and in the living room. 

I sit Bella on the couch and go through my big shopping bag, I pull out a big light pink teddy bear holding a pink heart in its paws saying "I love you" Bella looks at it with happiness "Do you like it?" She nods her tiny head excitedly. I hand her the teddy bear and she hugs it tightly then runs off "Where are you going?" I ask her "I want to show it to Hailie, Alaina and Marshie" She giggles "Okay baby"

I go through my shopping bag looking at the clothes I brought for myself and Bella then unexpectedly my phone rings, I reach for my purse and pull it out, I check the caller ID and it's my mom... weird, I haven't spoken to her in a year. The last time I talked to her I was living in Texas. I had to explain everything that has happened to me and obviously my mom talks shit about Marshall like it was Marshall's fault that I decided to pack up and leave him. 

I told her the truth about what happened and oddly enough she started to talk nice about Marshall. I answer the phone and hear my mom crying on the other end of the line "Mom, what's wrong?" She sniffles "Your father..." Her voice cracks "Mom, I don't wanna hear it" I refuse to hear about that man "Your father is dying and he request to see you with your sister here together" She demands "I don't give a shit, I hate him and her and you" I hiss "We are your family" She raises her voice at me "Really?" I huff "I recall you and dad throwing my ass out of MY own home on the streets where I had nowhere to live and shamefully you knew I didn't have a place to live and yet you still threw me out" I yell "You lived with Mia, didn't you?" She asks me "I had NO choice, it was either that or end up homeless" I raise my voice 

"Dad has changed and I had--" She yells "Piece of shit like him never change" I shake my head "Don't talk to me like tha--" I cut her off "Like what huh?" I provoke her "I'm your MOTHER and he is your FATHER" She yells "I remember telling you people that you are not my parents anymore" I hear footsteps from the kitchen approaching me in the living room "I'm really disappointed in you and your sister is disappointed in you as well" She sounds disappointed 

"Please spare me the bullshit, you and everyone else have always been disappointed in me and don't even get me started on that bitch I call my sister" I hiss "Br--" I cut her off "Fuck you" I hang up the phone and toss it on the couch 

"What happened?" I jump in fear at the sound of Marshall's voice coming from behind me "You scared me" I nervously chuckle "Sorry" He walks up to me as I'm going through my bags, I'm hoping if I look busy he'll go away "Brianna, what happened?" Marshall asks me "Nothing" I'm still going through my bags "Bri I'm not stupid, I heard everything, I just want to know what happened" I look up at him and he looks angry at me but then again he is always angry at me when I'm around so I'm not surprised.

"My father is dying and he wants to see me with my sister together" I tell Marshall "Do you want to go?" He asks me "What kind of a question is that?" I look at him like he has lost his mind "Brianna, just answer my question" He sighs I go back to going through my bags "Yes I want to go" I nod "Are you stupid?" I look up at him and give him a dirty look "You want to say goodbye to him after everything he has put you through" He yells at me "I'm not going there to make my peace with him or with anyone in that fucking family" I yell back at him "Then what are you going there for?" He asks me "So I can get everything off my chest" I tell him "That's smart" Marshall smirks 

"I'm cutting ties with everyone after I'm done with my trip" I smirk  "Mommy?" I face Bella who is holding her teddy bear tightly looking afraid "Yes baby" I walk up to her and kneel down "I heard you screaming" She pouts "I'm sorry baby" She hugs me "Go back in the kitchen, I'm coming" I tell her "Okay mommy" Bella plants a kiss on my cheek then runs off to the kitchen "She is just like you" I look at Marshall who has a small smile on his face

"Thanks, she looks like you" I get back up on my feet and walk up to him "Clearly, I'm handsome who wouldn't wanna look like me" I giggle and he laughs. Wow, we are actually getting along. I'm not gonna get use to it "Brianna" He puts both of his hands on my shoulders and stares at me deep in the eyes with a small smile on his face; the smile I hadn't seen in years, I smile back 

"Why don't you tell me?" My smile disappears "Tell you what?" I shake my head acting stupid "You know?" He tilts his head to the side "I really don't" I know exactly what he is asking, he wants to know why I won't say that Bella is his daughter. He knows it but he wants me to say it. 

Truth is I don't know why I won't tell him. I guess I'm not ready "Bri, you know exactly what I'm talking about so don't act like you don't" Marshall shakes his head "I...I.... ummm...." I'm so nervous "Truth is I don't know.. how to tell you" I look away from him "It's so simple Brianna" He smiles at me "I know" I nod "Why can't you say it?" He asks me "Because...." Alaina interrupts us "Lunch is ready" She announces "Okay" Marshall removes his hands from my shoulders and gives me a disappointed look "See ya" And like that he is gone.