Chapter 17

After the argument I had with my mom, I needed to cool off then talk to her again. I was thinking after I have dinner with Bella back home I'll call her and talk to her calmly but it doesn't mean I'm not pissed because I still am pissed off about that argument. I'm not planning to make peace with those people that call themselves "family" I just want to go there to say my goodbyes and part ways. 

I know my sister will be happy about me cutting her off permanently since she never even liked me, I don't even remember when was the last time I had decent conversation with her and I don't even remember when was the last time I hung out with her like sisters usually do without it ending in an argument.

When Mindy (my sister) found out about my relationship with Marshall she got incredibly jealous that it made me happy but what she said to me hurts "He'll leave you as soon as he finds out what a stank ass you really are who doesn't deserve someone like him to be around someone as low as you, trust me he'll come after me cause he knows I'm so much better than you, so much prettier, so much more intelligent than you, I can see it in his eyes, he wants me but the only reason he is even with your sad, fake ass is because he feels sorry for you, don't forget that... ever" I hung up my phone and cried into my pillow all night. 

All I was thinking about that night was what if she's right? what if he does feel sorry for me? what if he does want Mindy? Anyway that's in the past and I don't really give a shit anymore what she thinks about me.

After dinner I tucked Bella into bed then read her a bedtime story, she drifted off to sleep after I read three pages and usually she falls asleep after I read the whole book, she must be really tired. I made my way to bed after I wore my nightgown, comb my hair and brushed my teeth.

I reach for my phone on my nightstand and dial my mothers phone number, after a few rings she finally picks up "Hi honey, are you feeling better?" My mom sounds a bit better than before "I'm fine, I just called to say that I'm coming to New York" Yup that's where my parents now lives, they live in an apartment building in New York but I don't know where since I haven't visited them "That's great" She says enthusiastically "When?" I ask "Uhhh" She sounds nervous "Mom?" I furrow my brows "Tomorrow" She mumbles "What?!?!?" 

I jump off my bed shocked that tomorrow I have to fly off to New York "I'm sorry honey" She says apologetically "Why couldn't you tell me this sooner?" I pace around my room "If I had told you, you would have freaked out" She tells me "What the fuck do you think I'm doing now, huh?" I rhetorically ask "I'm sorry" I sit down on the edge of my bed "What am I going to do about Bella?" I sigh "She can come with you" My mom suggests "Mom, she is too young to see her grandfather dying" I shake my head 

"You're right" Wow she actually agreed with me on something "Who is going to take care of her while you are here?" She asks me "Marshall" I tell her "Alright sweetie it's late, goodnight see you tomorrow" I hang up the phone. I'm wondering how am I going to get Marshall to help me? I dial Marshalls phone number and he picks up after two rings 

"Yo" Marshall sounds groggy "Hi, did I wake you?" I ask concerned "Yes" He sounds annoyed "I'm sorry but I need help" I bite my nail out of being nervous "What could you possibly need help with at this time?" He asks me annoyed "I need you to look after Bella for a few days, can you do that?" I ask him hopefully "Yes I can but why?" He asks me "I'm flying to New York tomorrow" I tell him "Wow, so you are really going" He scoffs "Marshall don't start" 

I walk to my computer in my room and start searching for a plane ticket but they are all so expensive "I'm not starting anything, have you brought a ticket?" I don't answer as I'm still searching for a plane ticket "Brianna?" He calls my name "Umm, I got off the phone with my mom about two minutes ago and she just told me" I tell him

"So you haven't brought a plane ticket?" He asks me "I'm searching" I sound slightly panicked "Brianna, I'll take care of it" He reassures me "No Marshall I don't need your help I just need you to look after Bella, okay?" I raise my voice at him 

"Don't raise your voice  at me let me help you" He sighs "No, I don't nee-" He cuts me off "I don't care what you say, I'm gonna help" Disobedient as ever he hangs up the phone, I turn off my computer and go to sleep on my comfy bed for the rest of the night.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter :D