Chapter 6

She steps back and shows him the thread. He feels calm and pays for the bill. They both come out and Naina snatches his keys, he starts to chase behind her until she reaches the car. She tells him that she wants to take him somewhere. He agrees to it and they leave from there. Naina is a fast driver but has a lot of control over the car. She is having fun but Sameer feels like puking so she slows down.

Naina: Sorry about that I normally drive like this, but for you I'll drive properly I don't want you to be sick.

Sameer: Thanks for that or else I would have done it in the car.

Naina feels guilty that she shouldn't have done that and Sameer feels upset about it. She stops the car on the side and can see tears rolling out of his eyes. She can't see him like that which breaks her heart. Naina gets out of the car and opens the door to Sameer's side. She holds on to her ears and goes down but comes back up again.

Naina: I'm really sorry I didn't know that you would feel like this.

Sameer makes her stop and she kisses his tears away to make him feel better. Atleast Naina knows that he does not like her fast driving as he is scared of having an accident. She holds his hand and closes the door. They start to walk and Sameer wants to know where they are going.

Naina: You'll see when we get there.

They finally arrive where there is a lake nearby. This is Naina's secret place, they go to the top and see fireflies which makes Sameer stunned that there can be a place like this. Using a remote she switches the fairy lights which makes it look bright. They sit down next to each other.

Sameer: Wow I didn't know there can be a place like this

Naina: Neither did I but I always come here to find peace. It's like a getaway from all the noise, even if I'm sad, lost or confused I come here to get rid of my worries. Since the past two years I have been coming here to get rid of those taunts from college. I used to cry a lot thinking about what is wrong with me, but it's those voices who tell me that you are this but in fact I'm not. It felt like the whole world was against me, everyone has thier breaking point and so did I. At home when no one was there I had sleeping pills to get rid of everything. It was after a couple of days that I opened my eyes thinking that why didn't I die. That was when everyone was asking about me in college. Preeti and Swati made up an excuse and everyone believed it but only I know how much pain I was in. That's why I can't trust or love anyone so easily. That's why I'm taking my time to understand the feelings for you. That's one thing which no one knows about me.

Sameer now finally understands why Naina is like this. She is still in a lot of pain but still is very strong. He can't believe that his Naina wanted to end her life. She was depressed about it before, but hears her laugh. Not once did she cry about this in front of him.

Sameer: Naina your the strongest person that I know and I'm proud of you.

Naina: Mein waada karti hoon ki yeh sab baate nahi karoongi shaadhi kay baad. Ab tumhari baari hai Sameer ka secret kya hai?

Sameer: My real dad passed away when I was young. My Mom got married again to Bobby, at first I didn't like it as I wanted my dad back. I just felt very distant from him, my relationship with them wasn't all that good since he had kids of his own and my Mom used to give more attention to them. Maybe that attitude that I had in college was to be rough and tough. All of that happened since they got married, I became popular since I was all out. But then slowly I got used to it and now I accept him as my dad, and Rohan and Deepika as my brother and sister. That's the secret which I have, and I needed to share this with you.

Naina: It's good that you told me

Both of them lay down and look up at the stars. Sameer tells her that his dad is looking down at us since the star is twinkling bright. Naina did not know this side of Sameer of where he is vulnarable. She comes closer to him and kisses his hand to let him know that she is always there for him.

Naina: Kal toh hamari haldi ceremony hai

Sameer: I totally forgot about it

Naina: Ab challo muhjhe sona hai, bahaut unique date tha.

They both sit in the car, and leave from there. They have fun singing songs and arrive at Naina's colony. Before she leaves he gives her a gift and tells her to open it. She slowly removes the wrapping paper and sees a velvet box. Naina flips it open and sees a diomond necklace with a love heart pendant. She clicks it open and sees Sameer's photo.

Naina: This is really beautiful, now I can remember you all the time.

Sameer makes her wear it, gives a quick hug and gets out of the car. She arrives at home and everyone is sleeping. She goes into her room and takes a picture of the necklace and puts it on the group chat. Naina gets changed into her pyjamas and gets into bed.

Naina: Sameer is just too romantic, he's done a lot for me. I'm so lucky to have him, but I made him cry which hurt me a lot, I promise myself I won't do it again.

She looks at the photo and kisses it falling asleep happily dreaming about him.