Special Chapter 8 - Star Spangled Jori

This is another special chapter set in the past, between chapter 15 and 16 (during Tori and Jade's first three months together). It is based on the episode "Star spangled Tori" but in Jori's style... enjoy!

It was a normal day in Sikowitz class... Well for the eccentric teacher's standards at least. He was making Jade and André perform a scene while in a squatting position to make 'practice'. Usually Tori used to pay a lot of attention to the teacher's lessons especially when her girlfriend was on stage, but that day she was distracted reading something from a paper she had in her hands and asking weird question to the teacher about the meaning of very peculiar words. In the meantime André was letting Cat replace him on stage for the squatting exercises with Jade, while Tori was asking:

"What does it mean something as 'spangled'? the Latina asked

"Dang it... Why do you keep asking all these infernal questions?" Sikowitz asked her, annoyed from the girl's lack of interest for his lesson that day.

But before the Latina could answer him, Jade still squatting on stage, did it for her: "Because... My girlfriend, was chosen to sing the National Anthem at the Northridge college basketball match tomorrow night" the Goth said smiling at Tori.

"Yeah!" Tori exclaimed raising a fist in sign of victory.

"Well be careful not to mess up the Anthem, it would be embarrassing" Robbie told her.

"It would be humiliating" Sikowitz added

"Yeah, Jade already warned me not to forget the lyrics" Tori replied to them while still looking at the paper in her hands.

"And she is not going to forget them, my girl is smarter than everyone of you combined" Jade said. Tori looked at her grateful "Aww thanks babe!" she said smiling at her girlfriend. Jade winked at her.

"Thank you Jade for reminding us once more how much you love Tori now, but seriously Tori, messing up the National Anthem could ruin your life" the teacher said. Tori looked at him worried.

"That's true" André added, while Sikowitz continued "Imagine if your video ends up on the internet where millions of people can watch it over and over and laugh at you over and over..."

"Yeah like that girl at that hockey game..." Rex said.

"Yeah I saw that video" André interjected

"Everyone saw it..." Jade said standing up before continuing "instead of saying 'the rocket's red glare' she said 'the cockpit's red hair'" everyone laughed at what she said, but Jade saw Tori's face grow even more worried, so she added "Of course Tori is not going to look like such a fool"

Tori smiled at her but still had an unsecure expression on her face

And what if I will? I don't want everyone, my friends and my own girlfriend included, to laugh at me like this Tori was thinking. "Yeah I... I'm not going to forget the lyrics!" Tori said but more to herself than everyone else. In that same moment Sikowitz leaned to Tori's ear and said "Good, cause that girl got laughed at so much that she had to leave town!"

Tori covered her ears and stood up "Stop it!" she said before storming off the class singing the National Anthem.

Jade looked at her while she went out of the class "Shit... I have to follow her" she said before getting out of the class aswell. She was walking slow because she was feeling her knees hurting a little after having spent half an hour in a squatting position. Jade found Tori near her locker still reading her paper. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she looked preoccupied. Jade tenderly smiled while approaching her.