Depression (Pt. V)

Depression's Story

Tw; the usual, panic attacks, nightmares, depression, mention of overdose/suicide attempt, Remus mention, this is gonna get dark guys

Name reveal!!!

None

Envy was feeling slightly better now. He wasn't sure when he fell asleep, but the firs time he woke up, he found Apathy sleeping peacefully on the couch, his hand in Envy's hair like he fell asleep petting his hair (he did). Envy's head was resting in Apathy's lap.

Envy smile slightly and closed his eyes, falling asleep again. However, this time he fell victim to a nightmare.

It was dark around him. He could see, but it was still pitch black. He wasn't sure where he was but it was terrifying nonetheless. Because he knew this place. It was a prison. It was where shadows resided in order to be kept from harming others. It was His asylum.

"You can't keep me down for ever~!" a familiar voice said.

"Stop playing these games with my head! I just want to sleep!" Envy shouted.

"Oh, I don't beleive that, Depressed Wreck. Once I escape, you'll be sorry!!"

"You won't escape! I will make sure of that! And you do not have permission to call me that."

"Oh, I guess we'll both see soon. Who knows, Deirdre, maybe I'll actually get to see my brother in person soon, and break his skull open and extract his brains!"

"Like that'll happen," Envy scoffed. But his voice held doubt. Fear. Emile was the only one who knew from the start..... And if He escaped, then everyone would know...... Screams filled his head; screams of pain, suffering, anguish. Envy didn't register some of them but he did recognize who it was that was screaming; himself. Well, more specifically.... Seth.

Then he woke up.

He woke up screaming and crying; Apathy hugging him gently, whispering sweet nothings to him. "Hey, En, it's okay, it's not real, it's just a dream, you're okay, everything's fine," Apathy whispered into his ear. Envy's breathing slowly returned to normal. "It's okay.... I promise you, everything is okay....."

"I'm okay," Envy repeated. He knew it to be a lie. He still wasn't done recovering from his attempted overdose, but Apathy's presence mad it a sort of beleivable lie to the vengeful trait. Envy gripped his boyfriends jacket. "I- I'll be fine....." Apathy smiled slightly, and rubbed circles on Envy's back.

"I love you, En.... Don't think otherwise, ever... please, Sea Serpant...."

Envy smiled, silent tears streaking down his eyes. "I love you too..... You're my Raven..."

Later that day, Patton and Virgil went to talk to Envy. He was sitting on the couch, staring at the television dully. This time there was actually something on-Steven Universe, curtesy of Emile, who was also sitting on the couch with Envy. "Hey Envy?" Virgil asked,grabbing the jealous side's attention. Apathy was outside in the backyard making barbeque pineapple. "Can we talk to you for a moment? Alone?"

"Why can't Emile stay??" Envy said, confused.

"Uh, we just wanna talk to you, kiddo..."

Envy glared at the sides. "Whatever you need to say to me, you can say to Emile. He's my therapist, after all."