Depression (Pt. III)

Envy's Depression

Tw; The usual, cooking, depression, blood, knives, self harm, stabbing

Patton

I invited Envy to help me with preparing dinner for everyone. Maybe this would get him to talk about whatever is bothering him. I can feel the anguish and sadness radiating off him in waves. But last time I asked what was wrong he snapped at me and said nothing was wrong. I didn't beleive him but I let the subject drop after that. So now we're both in the kitchen, cooking for dinner.

"I finished cutting the onions, what should I do now?" Envy asked.

"Uh, can you wash and dice the tomatoes, for me? I- if you want." Envy gave a hum in reponse, put the knife he was holding down, and walked over to the sink to wash the tomatoes. I turned back to what I was doing; rollinng out the bread dough. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Envy start to cut the tomatoes. I smiled and got back to focusing. Maybe he was just planning a joke and that's why he seemed so exhausted-

"Holy- Envy, ther'es blood everywhere!" I heard someone say. I turned around, and almost vomited. Emile (who was sitting at the table moments before) was clutching Envy's wrist gently. Envy had his palm face up and... There was knife run all the way through his hand.

"Envy what happened?!" I asked, choking back more vomit. Envy shrugged, his eyes dull and focused on the knife in his hand. Emile was right, there was blood everywhere.

"I was cutting the tomatoes, looked at the blade, an' the next thing I know it's run my had through." There was no shred of pain, or horror, on Envy's face. Emile, however, looked mortified.

"I'm gonna go get a first aid kit, until I come back, don't move." Emile walked off.

"Where the fuck would I even go to?" Envy and I didn't wait long before Emile came back with a first aid kit and Deceit. Why did the danger noddle need to be here...?

"Okay, Envy, I'm going to have to pull the knife out, so, please don't scream," Deceit said.

"Why can't Emi do it....?" Envy asked quietly.

"I'm kinda squeemish," Emile admitted, closing his eyes and turning away from the sight.

"Okay....." Envy held out his hand for Deceit. Deceit grabbed the handle of the knife, I turned away, and next thing I know the scent off iron is the only thing I can smell. I looked and saw Envy's hand gushing with blood, a large whole in the middle of it, and a single tear rolling down Envy's cheek. At least he felt something.

"You okay?" I asked, gagging at the sight of all that blood.

"Not usually," Envy said camly. Now, I was even more of a Concerned Dad™. Deceit started bandaging the wound.

"Do you need a hug?"

"I nEeD mY bOyFrIeNd," Envy admitted, tears forming in his eyes. The tears quickly pooled over his eyes and turned into full on sobs. Some of his tears were made of blood. Is that normal....??

"Hey, Envy, don't cry, I'm sure Apathy will be back soon," Emile said lightly, walking over to the crying side. "And everything will be a bit better, okay?"

"P- pRoMiSe?" Envy sniffed.

"I promise," Emile said, smiling sweetly. For some reason, doubt clawed at the back of my mind.

Well that was fun; sorry it's short though. Envy's an emotional wreck and Patton thinks the knife thing was an accident. Hehe, who knew it was so fun to right angst? Anyway, see you later, Guys, Gals, and Nonbinary Pals! ✌Peace Out!✌