Talismans

Envy

'Do ya think they'd recognize themselves in the story?'

'I don't think they'd recognize me in that story, Duke.'

'Let's hope they do,' my shadow opened it's eyes and smiled up at me insanely. I glared at it. Patton and Logan finished their conversation as my shadow slipped back into a deep sleep.

"Envy, you like rumors, right?" Patton asked. I shrugged.

"As long as you can tell the fact from the fiction. Rumors do tend to grow into a dangerous territory after a while."

"Okay, well, I was just gonna ask... What are their Talismans now?"

"You mean Pride and Anxiety?" I raised an eyebrow. "Roman and Virgil?"

"Yeah."

"Why do you ask...?" I am a person of many hidden jokes, pranks, and even some secrets. The secrets I do keep are rather hard to tell to other people though, so I keep them to myself. But when it came to the power of Talismans? I would rather not temper with them. I know first hand how dangerous, to any side, they could be. And if I was correctly informed, these two had been in the Dark Scape a total of three hours; at least two of wich they spent with swapped Talismans.

So, I didn't really trust them. Especially knowing what could happen if they did something to Roman or Virgil's talismans. "Just to know- uh, Envy, are you okay?" I snapped out of my thoughts when Patton spoke.

"What? Yeah I'm fine, fine. But I don't really get why you want to know what their talismans are. Talismans, especially original Talismans, are dangerous. Even I know that, and I have little to no regard for my own safety half the time. I think you're forgetting who created Talismans in the first place, a Dark Side. Named- well, I'm not sure because no one told me, but they were a Dark Side. And if you think I'm gonna let you experiment with original Talismans behind my kings back, you're dead wrong-"

'D- Envy. Too much. Even by my standards.'

'Shut up!' I sighed. I hace to admit, I did give out a bit too much information. I looked down towards my boots, which cost about $300 because they were limited edition and I had to bye them. "Sorry, I overshare a lot," I said. "But the point is, you two probably know by now how dangerous it is to mess with Talismans." I looked back up at the Lights skeptically.

Patton sighed. "Yeah, okay, that's fair, I just..... Wanna know."

'Storytime?' I glared at my shadow, but sighed. "I guess it wouldn't hurt, though."

'You do like some of my suggestions!'

"Oh shut up," I mummbled and sighed. "One more story. Then I need to leave before Apa comes down to check on any of the prisoners that could be here."

Apathy

"And cookies, Patton loves cookies, also some Crofters and toast," I wrote that down on my notepad. "We need to apologize and this is the nicest way I can think of right now," Roman continued.

"Or, here's a thought, you could set them free?" I said. "You don't know how their doing down there, and they're your friends." I winced and felt blood run down my arm, some of the red substance dripping onto my notepad. Shit. Ugh, stupid emotions...

"No! They brought this upon themselves."

"You're too stubborn."

"And you're a hypocrite."