Chapter 19: Choices

Start from the beginning

Y/n: "Step 1." Y/n mumbled as he got into his phantom dash stance. The moment Qrow reached him Y/n was already behind him, of course that would not be enough to throw of Qrow but he was already halfway on finishing "Step 2." Qrows eyes widen as he realized his mistake, the cylindrical object right in front of his face only proofed his mistake. He quickly covered his eyes, fast enough to escape the blinding effect of the flashbang, his aura dealing with the deafening sound. A kick connected with his back forcing him to roll away. "Step 3." Was the only thing Qrow heard, making him quickly take a defensive stance, ready for everything he scanned the arena. His instincts screaming at him as a blue feather sailed down in front of him. Looking up he spotted Y/n coming flying in with great speed his robotic arms blades deployed and ready to strike, of course the trained Huntsman knew how to deal with the attack and so he blocked the swipe and brought Y/n back on the ground, his sword now pointed at Y/ns throat.

Qrow: "Nice try, but not good enough." Qrow smirked. But his smirk instantly vanished as he spotted Y/n pointing one of his pistols right at his head. "Ok Draw?" Y/n gave a short chuckle and flashed a toothy smile.

Y/n: "Nope. I win." he said using his robotic arm to force Qrows blade away from his throat before rolling to the side, revealing another flashbang, that layed hidden under his body as Qrow pinned him. Like the first time Qrow shielded his eyes, waiting for the incoming bright light. It never came, instead 2 blades were held to his throat and a pistol was pressed against his forehead. "49 to 1, i finally beat you." Y/n said with a smile as he sheathed his blades and put away his pistol.

Qrow: "About time, although you were fighting dirty." Qrow grumbled.

Y/n: "Im certain that Salems men dont care about fighting honorable and so wont the grimm." Qrow chuckled as he took a swig from his flask.

Qrow: "Why didnt the second flashbang go off?" he asked as he took a closer look at the mentioned grenade.

Y/n: "Didnt pull the pin." Y/n simply replied. And low and behold Qrow spotted the safety pin still at its resting place securing the flashbang from going off.

Qrow: "I got bested by a kid that is at the bottom of the ranking." Qrow said solemnly.

Y/n: "I didnt best you, i out smarted you to win a single match, it took 49 losses to do so." Y/n patted him in his back. Qrow sighed and turned his gaze towards the TV showing the current fight.

Qrow: "Shouldnt you be at the arena and cheer for your girlfriend?" he asked glancing towards Y/n who was watching the fight with great interest.

Y/n: "I told Yang i will be watching her fight and she knows that i support her."

The duo sat in front of the TV, Qrow occasionally taking a swig from his flask.

Qrow: "She needs to stop to just hit him and hope for the best."

Y/n: "Watch closely she is not just 'hitting hoping for the best'." Qrow focused on the battle and tried finding what Y/n meant. After a minute of not seeing it he asked.

Qrow: "Ok,what am i looking for?"

Y/n: "Watch the spots she is hitting. She isnt just punching Oxides armor randomly." Y/n explained and Qrow realized what he was getting at, Yang was aiming for the connections in the armor, slowly bending the metal and causing the joints to get blocked. "You seem to have noticed it, Yang isnt just brawn with no brain, sure her go-to tactic to beat someone is to overpower them, but once she realizes that that doesnt work she will use her brain." His voice showed how proud he was. Qrow gave a small smile before he got up from his seat.

Qrow: "Lets continue the training." Y/n nodded and got up.

The two of them spent the next hour training, occasionally watching the fights. Yang won her fight against Oxide meaning that she will fight in the final round, unfortunately did Nora lose her fight against Penny. The girl from Atlas was too quick for the hammer wielder and so the battle was decide, although Nora still managed to get some good hits in. After 15 of pause Nora and Oxides fight began, the winner of which was clear the moment Oxide had walked in without his armor, reason being that it got too damaged in the fight with Yang, and so Nora Valcyrie got 3rd place. The final fight soon began and Y/n was walking through the corridor that circled the arena.