Chapter 16

what did you say?" Chat asked, taking a step closer towards Chloe, who kept a cool expression as she looked at her nails.

"Like I said, I can lead you to the twer—I mean, I can lead you Charisse Agreste, if you let me. I think I know where she might be."

"What do you mean you 'know where she might be'?" Ladybug asked, narrowing her eyes.

Chloe sighed, "It means that I saw the akuma heading off somewhere before. I couldn't tell where it was heading, but I think I might have a clue. That is, if you let me help you."

"Are you serious?!" Chat got the most excited look on his face, and Chloe couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. "You can really lead us to Charisse?!"

Before she could reply, Ladybug grabbed his tail and yanked him away from Chloe from a moment. His smile faded almost instantly when he saw how bemused his lady looked as she glared at Chloe, who was just smiling and waving sweetly.

"Chat, have you lost your mind?! We can't trust Chloe!" Ladybug whispered harshly, "She has put us through hell in the past, do you really think that she's the most trustworthy person right now?"

Chat looked back at Chloe, who just stared at them. "Haven't you been giving her all those nice lessons or whatever? Don't you think she's changed?"

"Chat, I only gave her a few lessons! I highly doubt she's changed that quickly. She may be nice to me now, but what happens when these 'lessons' suddenly stop? Not only that, but I've seen the way Charisse and Chloe look at each other and I read hate all over. Why would she want to help us all of a sudden?"

"Maybe she knows how important looking for Charisse is to Adrien," Chat Noir concluded.

"Exactly! That's exactly my point!" Ladybug said, exasperated. "She knows that, and she wants to be the one to find Charisse and bring her to Adrien—er, you. That's who she is!"

Chat tilted his head to the side, shaking his head in confusion. "Where are you getting all these conclusions from? You were so nice to her before, and now all of a sudden when my sister needs saving, you want to reject her help and come up with all these things that may or may not come into play here?"

"Adrien, I'm absolutely sure that Chloe has no idea where Charisse is. I love her just as much as you do, but-"

"No, you don't." Chat snapped, and Ladybug was taken back. "I don't care if Chloe leads me to my death. I'm not going to reject her help, and I'm not going to come up with all these assumptions and judge Chloe based on her past. She's helping us. That's it."

Ladybug's eyebrows furrowed as she folded her arms but didn't say anything. She followed Chat back to where Chloe stood, her hands placed on her hips. Ladybug stood behind Chat Noir as he smiled at Chloe. "We'd be happy to let you lead us to Charisse."

Chloe grinned, "Great! So, we can start later today. I need to head home and fresh-"

"Um, Chloe. We're actually on a time limit," Chat rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "We only have today and tomorrow to look for Charisse, otherwise Mr. Agreste will go to a higher power to do it."

Chloe's jaw practically dropped, "What?! That is, like, so unfair! I ought to go to Mr. Agreste right now and give him a piece of my mind," she started off in the direction of Adrien's home but Ladybug stopped her.

"We don't have time to waste Chloe," Ladybug frowned deeply. "We need to look for Charisse now or we may never find her."

Chloe nodded, and walked in the opposite direction, turning the corner. "I think I saw the akuma go... that way!"