Chapter 15

Ugh, that old man gets me so mad sometimes!" Chat growled into the night, as he and Ladybug jumped on roofs during their night patrol.

Since the two had left the Agreste manor, Chat had been in a particularly angry mood, so Ladybug decided not to get in the way of his anger. She knew how frustrating his father could be, so she wasn't particularly surprised at his behavior. But at the same time, she understood why his father was like that. Sure, he didn't seem like the loving type, but she knew that deep down he cared for Charisse, despite not knowing her for that long. The child had a way of getting into people's hearts so easily.

She also knew that Chat was very worried about his baby sister. She knew he knew that they haven't known each other for that long, but he was already the over-protective older brother that was ready to protect Charisse at all costs. He wasn't about to let her get hurt, and Ladybug wasn't about to do the same thing either.

They landed on the rooftop of the nearby cathedral and took a short break. Chat ran his fingers through his wild mane as he contemplated on what he was going to do about the whole Charisse situation. Ladybug remained silent, worried eyes watching the pacing cat-boy. "How in the world are we ever going to find out where Charisse is in that short amount of time and rescue her? I mean, I know we're pretty sure that Avery is the one who's been akumatized, but where in the world could he have taken her?" The model ranted, getting a bit angrier each second.

Ladybug placed her hands on his shoulders, stopping his pacing. "Chat Noir, I know you're frustrated right now, but you have to calm down. I hate seeing you like this."

"My lady, you don't get it." Chat hung his head in despair, "In the short amount of time that I've known her, I already love the kid. She's my baby sister, and she's my responsibility, and-"

"Chat, don't forget she's also your parents responsibility. They love her just as much as you do, and they're just as worried, especially her mother. Don't forget; your mother lost you for about five years. I don't think she's ready to lose another child even for just a few days," Ladybug explained.

"I just want to know that's she's not hurt."

Ladybug grabbed his face in between her hands and gave him a sweet kiss, and he relaxed almost instantly. "I know, mon minou. I know."

Charisse cried into her small palms as she was placed in a small dark confinement. To say that she was scared was an understatement. She was completely petrified by her current situation. One minute she's playing dolls in her room, the next she's flying through the air by some kid on a flying horse. Also, why did he look so much like Avery?

She stood unto her feet and banged on the walls, screaming her head off. "Hello?! Is anyone out there?! Help me, please! Ladybug, Chat Noir, help me!" She continued banging on the walls to the point her fists were starting to hurt like crazy. She slid down to the floor and sobbed into her balled up fists. "Help me," she said quietly.

Suddenly, something phased through the door and she gasped, backing up into the nearest corner. The kid on the horse stood before her, except without his trusty steed. He stood alone, his eyes are menacing green instead of its lively golden color. He took one step towards Charisse and she gulped, realizing that she had nothing to defend her. Her pupils shrunk as he came closer.

"Charisse, don't be afraid. I would never hurt you," the child pleaded, but she said nothing, her breathing quickening. She could hear her own heartbeat, and she wondered if he could hear it too,

"I'm not going to hurt you, Charisse. Please," he reached out towards her, but she screamed.

"Stranger danger! Stranger danger! Stay away from me!" Charisse yelled, rivers of tears coming out full force. "I want my mommy! I want my brother!"