Chapter 19

Natalie looked very skeptical when she opened the door to Chloe Bourgeois of all people. Chloe never came over anymore, except for when she wants to drag Adrien somewhere or simply just to flirt with him for no reason. So the fact that she's here, interrupting dinner, was very suspicious.

"Miss Bourgeois, the Agrestes are eating their dinner. You cannot come here and disrupt their meal. Plus it's a school night; you shouldn't be here," she stated firmly.

"Natalie, Natalie," Chloe shook her head as if Natalie was the one who didn't understand. "I'm a long time friend of the Agrestes. I'm sure they wouldn't mind me interrupting their dinner for a moment. I need to talk to Adrien about something privately.

"But-" Chloe just walked past Natalie without another word, her nose high in the air with her ponytail bouncing back and forth. Natalie sighed as she shook her head and closed the door. She speed-walked past Chloe to warn the family of her arrival. Chloe just stood behind her as the assistant stood before the family. Everyone looked up, and Gabriel wasn't particularly happy about this.

"Mr. Agreste," Natalie said. "Chloe Bourgeois is here to speak with Adrien privately." She stepped to the side, revealing Chloe with a "sweet" smile placed on her face.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your family dinner," Chloe apologized. "But it's a really important matter I need to discuss with Adrien. I'm sure you understand."

Adrien was just as confused as Natalie as he looked at his mother and father, "May I be excused?"

Gabriel just waved his hand, and Adrien stood up and followed Chloe out. They headed upstairs to his bedroom, and Adrien closed the door behind him. His phone that was placed on his bed was vibrating, and he walked towards it to see who was calling him.

Chloe reached the phone before he could even react and she looked at the caller ID. She scowled before she swiped left and through the phone back on the bed. When Adrien raised an eyebrow at her behavior, Chloe gave a sweet smile instantly. "Random number," she answered. "I swear people don't have anything better to do than call people they probably don't even know. Annoying pests."

Adrien looked at her, not sure if he should buy her excuse, "Yeah...sure."

"Anyway, that's not why I'm here," she flipped her hair and gave Adrien a sultry look that visibly made him shiver with disgust. But he didn't show that on his face. He was good at that now, "The dance will be coming up soon, and I chose the perfect outfit, but I simply don't know what perfume I should go with!"

Adrien stared at Chloe as she started to dig in her bag. What the hell? Perfume? That had to be the most retarded excuse he has ever heard in his entire life; and he's made a lot of retarded excuses. Adrien furrowed his brows as Chloe took out three bottles of perfume; one had an ominous red color. "Um, Chloe, I'm flattered that you chose me to smell your perfume, but don't you think a girl is more suitable to see which perfume fits you better?" And not a guy in a serious relationship, he thought to himself.

The phone rang again and Chloe grabbed the phone again and swiped left. "You must be really popular today," she laughed nervously. "Let's just mute your phone for now."

"Muting my phone isn't exactly necessary," Adrien frowned.

Chloe ignored him. "Okay, so here's the first one." She sprayed it on herself, and Adrien sneezed at the strong smell. It smelled heavily of lavender and roses. The smell wasn't terrible, but if it was that strong, then no one would be able to handle it.

Adrien closed his nostrils together, his voice coming out nasally as he spoke, "Um...I think that's a bit too strong, don't you think?"

Not wasting any time, Chloe picked up the red concoction and looked at it with huge sparkly eyes. Adrien couldn't tell if she was excited to use this one next or if she had something else planned for it. He chose the former.