chapter[43]

third person's POV

baekhyun sat in front of the coffee table, glasses resting on his face, lights off and computer opened. various websites tabs were opened as he excitedly explored the different places around the world. it was well past midnight, his eyes tired from focusing so long on the bright screen but he stubbornly ignored it, challenging his body to stay awake as he found more websites.

it has been several days, and somehow the newlyweds didn't have a clue on the place they'll go on their honeymoon. after a couple of words exchanged it was well decided that baekhyun would be choosing their location.

the younger shifts on his spot on the floor when he hears the front door opening and closing right away, soon soft and careful footsteps make their way into the living room. baekhyun looks up and smiles when he makes eye contact with his husband, even in almost plain darkness he can see how tired the older male was.

"baek? why are you still awake?" chanyeol questions, placing down his briefcase before taking a spot next to his lover.

"i was just searching besides you well know i can't fall asleep without you," he pouts, "ton of work?"

the tall male sighs while nodding, slumping back against the couch, "the company has been busy with big projects hence making us stay overtime."

"oh i see i'm sure it's just temporary don't stress too much about it. are you hungry though? there's still dinner left."

"oh no way it's too late besides i'm beyond tired, i just want to sleep and so should you."

chanyeol reaches over, closing the laptop down before removing the glasses off of baekhyun. "come on now," the taller stands up, grabbing ahold of his husband's hands and pulls him right up.

"i'm sleepy, carry me?" Baekhyun says, wrapping his arms around the other.

"your such a big baby," chanyeol chuckles, despite him being tired, he hauls the smaller up and carries him to the bedroom just as requested.

the older sets baekhyun down on the bed carefully and hurried off to the bathroom to wash off. when he returns to the bedroom a couple minutes later, he's stunned to find baekhyun in the exact same spot he placed him, except his eyes were closed and his hands were clutching tightly onto a pillow.

by the time chanyeol had finally changed and tucked his husband in, it was well past 1am. the thought of having to wake up in a few hours makes him groan silently but he pushes that thought aside and snuggles against the warmth of the petite male. he really needs a long peaceful sleep.

-

the twins giggle, sneaky hands stealing pieces of fruit from the bowl. baekhyun catches them in the act, turning around with a plate stacked of pancakes.

"oh boys, not yet wait till daddy wakes up," he places the fruit bowl in the middle of the dining table, along with the plate of pancakes, far from the twins' reach.

they pout, sulking as they sit in the floor, watching their appa set the table for breakfast. the young male coos ruffling each of the boys' hair once he finished preparing everything.

"how about you guys go wake up your dad," he suggests.

confusion settled on their faces but soon they're running upstairs, into their parents' room, struggling to get up on the huge bed and soon they tackle a sleeping chanyeol.

"daddy! daddy! daddy!" they chant, jumping all around the bed, even though they were already told not to do so many times, it being a dangerous act.