Chapter 25: Tying The Knot

Elsa's POV
It's been about a week since Jack proposed and we scheduled the wedding for next spring. But first I need to tell Karai when she comes today. I'm so nervous as to how she'll react. Not to mention that I'll have an audience of eight other people who don't know. We're all chatting in the dining room when we hear the doorbell. And sure enough, it was the Hamato clan.
"Whassup my dudes", Mikey says entering the house.
"We actually have some news for you guys", Jack said to them.
They all looked at each other with curiosity and confusion.
"But first, how do you like my ring", I said showing them my engagement ring.
The girls started squealing and the boys were ecstatic.
Karai came over and gave me a big hug. "I can't believe you're getting married".
"I can't either, I'm still a little star struck".
"So, when is it?", Raph asked.
"We're shooting for next spring", Jack said.
"So, what do you guys want to do today?", Anna asked.
"Well I for one, want to take Anna's offer on going shopping here", Shinigami said.
"Ok, that works for us girls", Punzie said.
"Yeah, wedding shopping", I whispered to Anna.
She squealed.
The rest of the girls gave us confused looks. I winked at them and we went to the garage for our bikes.
Karai rode with me, April with Punzie, Shini with Anna, and Mona with Mer. And then of course, Mo and Naomi.
We headed to the dress store and everyone finally got it. We headed in and immediately, everyone scattered in different directions.
"Just so you know, I'm not saying this to be mean, but I don't wanna be a bridesmaid. I'm just don't look good in any other color other than black", Karai said.
"Oh I highly doubt that, but if you don't wanna be a bridesmaid, I completely understand", I said being sincere.
"So, first things first, what kind of wedding dress are you looking for?", Punzie asked walking up to me and Karai with the rest of the girls.
"I want something elegant, possibly off the shoulder, I want sleeves, and slightly poofy in the skirt", I answered.
We all started looking around on the racks for about 10 minutes. I had given up. This store wasn't it.
"I don't think this store has what I'm looking for", I said to the girls.
"Don't be so sure", Shini said holding a dress.
Oh but this wasn't just A dress, this was THE dress. It was exactly what I had described.
"Shini, you're a lifesaver", I said giving her a hug.
She laughed. "Go try it on".
I rushed to dressing area and put the dress on. It was perfect. It fit me just right, the lace sleeves were soft and the skirt wasn't over the top ball gown.
I walked out into the shop and showed it to the girls. Almost instantly, Anna started crying.
"My big sister's getting married".
I hugged her and laughed.
"Ok let's go pay for it and find some bridesmaid dresses", Mer said.
I went to the counter, paid for the dress, and was on the hunt again.
"I kinda want some light blue dresses", I said.
"What about these?", I heard Naomi ask.
The dress she was pointing to was an ice blue dress, it was strapless with a sweetheart neckline, the front was shorter than the back, and it came with a rhinestone belt. "Perfect".
Mona, April, and Shini said they were gonna hang with Karai as a guest instead of a bridesmaid so she wasn't lonely. I was okay with this because it reminded me of what my team would do if Karai was me.
So after paying for five of those dresses, we left and went to the mall to get some dresses for the other girls.
"You know Karai, I think you would look nice in like a dark red dress", Moana said.
"Yeah, that would look pretty on you", Punzie added.
"I don't know", Karai said looking a bit uncomfortable.
"Just try one, and if you don't like it, you can get something else", I said making a deal with my friend.
She nodded her head in agreement and we all celebrated for like 5 seconds.
We immediately headed for Boscov's because you already know that's our piece of heaven. April and Mona already found their choices, but Shini was being a fashionista and Karai couldn't find one she liked in her size.
"Wait Karai, What size are you girl?", Naomi asked.
"1".
"Damn girl, you small, but I found this one in your size".
It was a dark red mini dress and it was so freakin cute.
"I like that", she said.
"Then go try it on girl", Naomi said pushing her to the dressing room.
"I found one I finally like", Shini said. It was a dark blue mini dress with a lace top.
"Go try it", Anna said jumping from excitement.
Both girls came out at the same time and they both looked so pretty.
"You know, I actually like this dress on me", Karai said.
"So does that mean you're getting it?", Mer asked.
"Yeah".
We all cheered and celebrated that Karai found something that she liked, that wasn't black.