Timothy McAllister

The raft had been on the river for a long time. Three days had passed since the day we disembarked from our rafts to stay in the village on the hill. After spending a night in the village we continued floating downstream on the raft. The river took long turns and twists in its course. For a day, it seemed like the river would travel north. But after that day, it suddenly began to flow south. The river was very, very snaky and determining where it headed was a puzzle for us. When it flowed north, northeast or northwest for a day or half, we thought that it would flow towards Brazil or Peru. Just when we thought that the river would flow towards Brazil or Peru, we'd reach a point where the river would flow south, southwest or southeast, causing us to reason that the river would flow towards Paraguay, Chile or Argentina.

We were safe in the river - we weren't attacked by a snake, caiman or any unknown predator. While we passed by the banks, we saw jaguars lapping up water and some snakes resting. Except for a few hills that rose from the horizon and the fauna we saw, the scenery was monotonous.

Alice was sulky for most of the journey, I didn't know why. I tried talking with her, but she told me that she was not in a mood to talk, and she snapped at me when I tried talking with her later. I hate it when she acts so moody. She's a quite moody person. There are sometimes when she's happy and joyful and there are times when she just stays sad and alone, probably envying another girl or thinking about something another girl told her. She's unpredictable. And it's so annoying how she behaves at times. She should just be one person. She cannot expect people to deal with two different personalities at once! I just left her to sulk alone, being sick with how she acted. I guessed that she probably thought that I liked Shifaly and she was giving me that attitude because she was jealous. Well if that was the reason, then she should learn not to feel entitled to me liking her, just because she was my friend. When did I show signs of liking her? When? I was just a normal friend to her. We were just best friends: me, Kirt and Alice. If she had the delusion that I liked her, then I hope she'd know clearly that she was just a friend to me and nothing more than that. I don't care if she selfishly wanted me to like her instead of Shifaly. And if she would act sulky, I don't care.

Felipe Altamirano Alvarez Espadachín

The next day after the arrival of Ms. Dakota, Luismar arrived at Las Taperas with the files filled with documents that Ms. Dakota handed over to Luismar. Upon receiving the file, I glanced through the documents and saw photocopies of passports, driving licenses, a green card, and those of other official documents. I flipped through the papers and there it was: the information I was looking for; it was the name of the agency that liaisoned with the camp keeper. Fortunately, I knew about the agency. The agency was 'Ezequiel Reyes and Sons' in Calle Roderigo in the outskirts of Roboré.

I went to Ezequiel Reyes and Sons' office in Calle Roderigo and found one old man in the office that day. After entering his cabin, I sat with him and we both looked through the agency's database to find who the camp-keeper of the Wolfgang children was. We sat at an old, Windows XP computer. There were a lot of bookings that the agency made and the database was quite outdated: there was no search bar. We had to use the scrollbar to scroll down the infinite amount of records. After forty-five minutes of endless scrolling, with the rain pouring outside the branch's building, we found the booking made by Mr. Gallagher on behalf of Wolfgang Academy. We clicked on a button and after a long while, the record loaded.

The camp-keeper was who I suspected it to be. It was Sergio Abrigo - only he used another name while registering with the agency. He used the pseudonym Pablo Illescas. We couldn't find any more information besides the name of the camp keeper because just after we found the name, the database crashed and the tech support team of the database in Bangalore, India began to work on resuscitating it.