The Helmsley Era

September 6, 2021

Philadelphia, PA
Today was the first day that Jake and Liv got to wake up next to each other since before their relationship problems began. They were in a hotel bed after Summerslam, and their relationship was seemingly finally beginning to blossom again.

Jake slowly began to wake up. He stretched out his body and rolled into his side, putting his arm around Liv. Liv let out a soft moan and a sleepy smile appeared on her face. The couple laid there for a while long before Liv let out a yawn and opened her eyes.

"Hey you", Jake said.

"Good morning", Liv replied.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Mmm, I do like it when you call me that."

Liv rolled over to face Hake and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"I wish we didn't have to drive to the show tonight", Jake said.

"Ugh, I know", Liv replied, smacking her head against the pillow. "I wish we could just lay in bed all day"

"Me too. It's nice to be back to normal again."

"Yeah. I missed you."

"I missed you too."

The young couple shared a kiss again in bad which made them both smile. Those slowly faded as Liv remembered they had to get up.

"I guess I should probably go take a shower", Liv said unimpressed.

"I'll go grab us some coffees", Jake replied.

"You're the best. I love you."

"I know, I love you too"

10 minutes past and Jake and Liv were now sitting at the dining table in their hotel room, both with a warm cup of coffee in their hands. They locked eyes across the table. Jake smiled towards Liv, causing her to blush a little bit. Liv tried to hide her face which made Jake chuckle.

He looked down at the table to see a few notifications on his phone. Most of it was fans tagging him in tweets, but their was a Twitter highlight that caught his attention.

"WWE Chairman, Vince McMahon, Suffers Heart Attack, Recovering Well in Hospital"

"Holy shit!", Jake exclaimed.

"What's up?", Liv asked.

"Vince is in hospital!"

"What? Why?"

"He had a heart attack last night."

"Oh fuck! Is he gonna be okay?"

"Umm, I think so. Says in the article that he's recovering well."

"That's good, at least. What do you think is going to happen at work?"

"I don't know. I assume someone will call a meeting or something. I'm sure they have a plan."

"Yeah. We should get their quickly so we can find out."

Jake nodded as a reply. Both of them downed their coffees and grabbed their bags. They raced down to their chair and hit the road for their long drive to Columbus.

Columbus, OH
After a 2 and a half hour drive, and a few stops, Jake and Liv arrived at the arena a few hours early for Raw. Jake parked in the lot and both of them went inside. They put their bags in a locker room and met back up in the hall. Both of them received a text at that moment that told them to meet in the catering area in 5 minutes.