Belated Birthday Present

[A/N: There's a bit of smut at the end of this chapter for those that are interested]

November 2, 2021

Orlando, FL
Jake paid the driver as he and Liv reached their apartment. Liv had been granted the week off as well to help look after Jake while he recovered from his injuries. They grabbed their bags and took them inside. Jake tossed his stuff in a corner and collapsed on the bed. Sitting on the plane and in the car were taking a slight toll on his back.

Liv took her shoes off and joined Jake on the bed. She rolled next to him and placed her head on his chest. Jake smiles as he put his arms around her. His pain seemed to subside as he laid there with the love of his life.

"How are you feeling?", Liv asked.

"Better. How are you?", Jake replied.

"Worried."

"But I'm okay, baby."

"I know, but you could have not been. I am allowed to worry about you, you know?"

"Yeah, I know."

"How's your neck?"

"It's a tad stiff, but not as bad as last night."

"Here.", Liv said, getting off of her boyfriend. "Let me help!"

Liv moved herself around so she was positioned behind Jake. She lifted her hands up to the back of his head and started to massage his neck.

"Wow, Liv, this is amazing. Where did you learn this?"

"I picked it up somewhere on the road. I don't really remember."

"Well, wherever it was, they do a good job."

"Thanks baby!"

Liv continued to massage Jakes neck, gradually going lower down his back. Jake let out a few moans of pleasure as the pain in his body slowly began to slip away.

"Do you think Hunter will let me on Survivor Series?", Jake asked.

"Why wouldn't he? You handled yourself against Roman. And you did technically beat him!"

"True, but with the whole post match attack match and the injury, I'm scared he might leave me off."

"If I know Triple H like I think I do, even as the corporate suit guy that runs the show, there's still that ass kicker underneath. If anyone knows what you're feeling right now, and if anyone is gonna let you get revenge on those Smackdown thugs, it'll be him."

"Yeah, no you're right. Hunter will understand!"

"Exactly!"

"You know, the worst part about this is that I didn't even realise that I got attacked on my birthday."

"Wait really?!"

Liv checked her phone and saw the date.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry, I forgot too!"

"It's okay, Liv. I guess that's what happens with this job. We work too much week to week that we never look at actual dates. I only noticed when I booked the flights for this morning."

"Well I'm going to make it up to you anyway! We'll spend the whole day together. We can hang out, I'll take you to dinner; it's your choice!"

"You're gonna take me out? Okay Morgan, I accept."

"Yay! Thank you! What do you want to do first?"

"It's your day, Liv. You know what I like, you pick."