Summerslam

August 23, 2020

Brooklyn, NY
Sunday, 7:00am, Summerslam.

Jake woke up to the sun blasting through the hotel room window into his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and slowly woke himself up properly. Liv was asleep still on his chest so he slowly tried to move her without waking her. Liv groaned as her head hit the pillow, but she didn't wake up, just cuddled up into the blanket more. Jake quickly jumped into the shower. He had a radio interview at 10:00, and an autograph signing at 12:00. It was gonna be a long day.

Jake got out the shower and got dressed. He put on a pair of denim joggers and his merch shirt. He put in some new Jordans as well. Jake wasn't a huge fan of shoes, but Liv bought them for him so he decided to wear them. He grabbed his phone and the room key and went down to the hotel kitchen to get some coffee.

After about 20 minutes, Jake got back to the hotel room. He walked into the bedroom and noticed Liv stretching on the bed, like she had just woken up. He handed her a coffee and sat down on the bed next to her.

"How long have you been up?", Liv asked.

"About an hour", Jake replied.

"Why didn't you wake me when you got up?"

"You looked so peaceful and I didn't want to disturb you. And I wanted to surprise you with coffee."

"You're too cute sometimes"

"I have my moments"

"You certainly do", Liv said pulling Jake into a kiss.

"Come on, I want to get some breakfast before the interview.", Jake said.

Liv groaned and flopped back down on the bed.

"Okay, fine. We can do this instead."

Jake put his coffee down on the bedside and laid down next to Liv. He moved closer to her and cuddled up behind her. About half an hour later, the couple got up from the bed to get ready for the interview. Liv got into the shower and Jake cleaned up the room a little bit. 20 minutes later, both were dressed and in the car driving to the radio station. They arrived at the station and were greeted by the host who would be conducting the interview. Jake shook his hand and they headed into the radio booth.

"Hello everyone, welcome back to Bell to Bell, I'm your host Jimothy Jones, joined today by WWE Superstars, Liv Morgan and Jake Blade. How are we doing today guys?"

"Yeah not bad, Jimmy. Nice to meet you", Jake replied.

"Likewise, let's start with the obvious thing. You guys are here in New York for Summerslam, the biggest party of the summer. How does it feel to be in one of the showcase matches on the card this year?"

"Obviously, it's incredible to be in that position. As a kid, I always wanted to do 3 things in wrestling, be in a Royal Rumble, compete at Wrestlemania, and have a match at Summerslam. Being able to do all of that in my first year is just beyond words really."

"You're defending your Intercontinental Championship against Finn Balor tonight. How do you prepare for an athlete like Finn Balor and what different preparation do you make for his Demon King persona?"

"Finn's an incredible competitor in his own right. A former Intercontinental and Universal Champion. But the Demon is a different beast all together. Somehow, when Finn puts on that paint he turns into an monster, but there's always a way to slay a monster."

"It's funny that you say that, because on Raw this last week, we saw the emergence of what many fans are calling "The Freakshow", a seemingly chaotic circus clown character for yourself. Is that your secret weapon to defeat the Demon and how did that character come about?"