Dark x Reader

A.N. Ah yes, another short one! After this I'll have one more to upload! 
And then, I'll probably try to write some more (or be gone again for months XD)

*TW: Panic Attack/Anxiety are mentioned here*

With that being said, if you do read this, then I hope you still enjoy! <3

Italics are thoughts too btw, even though they only show up once, lol

'Why did this have to happen now?'

You never liked socializing with people you didn't really know. You didn't even remotely like socializing at all. It just...made you nervous.

You could always thank social anxiety for that. You always thought people were judging you for the things you would talk about. Sometimes you just wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out. This time though, it became too overwhelming.

You wanted to get away to get some fresh air.

No...you needed to get away. Quietly walking away from the small group you were with, you soon found an exit to outside. It was cold but it didn't matter at that moment.

You could feel your heart racing. Almost as if it would beat right out of your chest soon.

You began to breathe heavily and you could feel yourself slowly sinking deeper and deeper down into nothing but what felt like a pit. Trying to breathe right, you didn't notice someone else was now outside with you.

Forcing yourself was a bad idea, it only made things worse. Now you were starting to hyperventilate. This wasn't good. This wasn't good at all!

"(y/n)? Is everything alright dear?"

Trying to at least see who it was you glanced over and noticed Dark was next to you with a gentle expression on his face. You knew it didn't show all that much but you knew he was concerned. You couldn't answer though. You could barely even talk.

"(y/n), please look at me."

Opening your eyes and staring into Dark's you tried to focus on only him.

"Everything is going to be alright, dear. I'm right here for you. Count down from ten, (y/n)."

Counting down in your head, your breathing slowed down but only a little bit. It was still uneven.

"Now, just match your breathing to mine, love."

Focusing you tried to match your breathing to Dark's. Trying just a little bit harder, you almost had it. You could breathe now, but you were still lightly shaking from the panic attack a few seconds ago.

Dark gently enveloped you in his arms. He wanted to make sure you felt safe and secure. 

Without thinking you hugged him back. You tried to think about only him at the moment. 

Afterward, you slightly relaxed a little more in his arms. You were lucky Dark was here in time to help you through this panic attack.

Moving back to look at you, Dark gently moved a strand of hair out of your face."Would you like to go home, love?"

Nodding your head, you looked down and tightened your hold on Dark. All you wanted to do was get away from this party. You were glad you had Dark in your life.