Christmas Tree-Lightiplier

A.N. Day 5 of Ego Christmas! Hope you enjoy it! I actually love this one a lot.

Probably one of the most fun and joyful things to do when Christmas came around was to set up the to set up the tree then decorate it. The Christmas tree was a wildly known symbol for the holidays. What made decorating even better was when you were decorating with someone. And you happened to be doing just that with an innocent adorable angel.

"Hey, (y/n), are you okay?" Snapping back to reality you looked over and realized that Light was staring at you with a concerned expression on his face.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Did you find the decorations?"

"Yes, I did. There sure are a lot of them, though. Are you sure there will be enough room on the tree?"

"I guess we'll just have to make room." Walking over to the box and opening it up you started pulling a lot of different kinds of light out.

"First, we should put the lights on it."

"I thought Christmas tree's already had lights on them."

"Yeah, well, this tree's lights have given up. They don't work anymore. Now help me with these lights please."

Light walked over to where you and the tree were and gently took some of the lights from you. You both started to put them on the tree starting on opposite sides s you wouldn't run into each other.

"Hey, Light."

"Yes, (y/n)?"

Moving from behind the tree to see Light you were tangled up in the Christmas lights which were blinking on and off.

"You're the light of my life." Light slightly smiled at you and laughed softly at your joke. You would always do things like this just to get him to smile.

Finishing up putting the lights on the tree you both went to sand in front of the tree to look at your progress so far.

"Now we have to put the ornaments on it."

"Okay." Handing Light a lot of the colorful ornaments he walked over to the tree and started to put them in random places.

"Hey, Light."

"What is it (y/n)?"

Turning around Light saw you pointing at all the ornaments he was currently holding and smiling like a huge dork.

"You got a lot of balls coming here like that."

Blushing at your comment he turned back around and started to hang the rest of the ornaments up on the tree. After the ornaments were all hung on the tree Light walked back over to where you were looking through the box of decorations.

"The ornaments are all on the tree (y/n). Are we almost done decorating the tree?"

Looking up at Light you responded. "Yep, just need to put the angel on the top of the tree."

Moving forward you proceeded to try and lift Light up off of the ground. The whole time he was smiling and laughing at your antics.

Stepping back you looked at Light, then at the tree. You turned back toward the box and pulled out a smaller angel tree top.

"I guess we're going to have to downgrade this year." Walking over to the tree you stood on your tippy toes and tried to put the angel on top.

"Light, can you help me with this?"

"Of course (y/n)." Walking next to you Light gently picked you up and lifted you up to the top of the tree. Careful so that you wouldn't knock over the tree you gently put the angel on top before Light gently out you back on the ground.

Stepping back you and Light stared in amazement at the tree, that was once bland and boring, that now looked glorious.

"We did it Light! It looks beautiful!"

"Yeah, but not as beautiful as you."