XXI. Spritz of Peach Perfume

[Recap on Sparkling]

He tried to see, tried to focus on the angelic face over his. Tried to say their name, tried to find their name. Anything. He couldn't remember for shit.

🌟~· Sparkling ·~🌟

The tension in the air is, quite plainly, thick.

The currently unconscious Min Yoongi was being treated by Namjoon. Er, with the help of another magic user. He doesn't know much about the anatomy of humans, if he's honest.

Jimin's two brothers are located in the safe room along with the first two that were mentioned.

Jimin is currently trying not to cry. So much has happened yet again, and he had no time to deal with it.

Sucking the mucus back in his nostrils, he hides his head in the crook of his elbows. He'd run up to Namjoon's rather small bedroom for alone time, and he'd be there for Yoongi, but not right now.

The hard mattress did nothing for his aching back, the tension in his shoulders crying for a massage. Without realizing it, he felt a feather like touch and it gave an instant effect, his shoulders sagging as he felt the exhuastion seep from his body.

He should've been paying attention from the start, maybe it could've saved him.

   "Jimin, wake up~!"

   It was hard to peel open his eyes, even harder to adjust to the bright light in them. He went to rub the crust out of them when he soon found out the situation he was in.

   His hands are bound to the side of the bed frame he's lying on, and his feet are chained to the bed post near them.

   "Good, you're awake. We like it when that happens."

   Jimin shifts his eyes to the strangely sweet tone. He didn't particularly like it, and it reminded him of his past. It wasn't fun.

   A woman with a clipboard, standing by a door, writing stuff down, and yet never looking away from him. That is not okay. "Where am I?" He asks, voice cracking from a dry mouth. She stops for a second, pausing to hold the clipboard in both of her hands, lips pursing as if thinking with her face helped.

   "You're are currently in the S wing of the Research of the Abnormal & Strange. Or ROTAAS, if you like initials." She went right back writing and looking and it got under his skin. Like she got everything she knew from just looking. It bothered him so.

   "You have questions?" She finally speaks, unblinking. He hesitates to answer but the answer is obvious.

   "I don't work for them, just paying off my loans, you know how student debt is." She speaks, turning her eyes from him to look down at her clipboard, sighing as if student debt worried her more than what this place was doing. "I don't approve of anything they're doing, but I don't got a choice." She pouts when saying this, like it sucks to be free of restraints.

   "But in any case, they'll probably want to work with you right away. Which is good news, if they don't end up wanting to learn more about you, you end up like Larry. Poor Larry." Jimin felt his insides turn. Who's Larry? What happened to him? What would they do to him?

   "They won't kill you right away, so be glad for that. Some fae were killed right when the Head Researcher met them. Said they looked like they were planning things."

   He didn't like this. Didn't like what was most likely going to happen. Especially didn't like it when this girl went back to writing.

   "I have to go back, my friends will worry." He tries but she doesn't say anything, imagine that.

   "They need me."

   Nothing.

   Tears swell up in his eyes but this time, he doesn't hesitate to let them trickle down his face.

   He wanted his Yoongi. His brothers. Namjoon. He wanted them back. He wanted to go back.

   It broke his heart when the girl sighed and looked at him pitifully. She shook her head. If she could read him like an open book, it felt even worse.

   Being told it won't happen.

   So he started repeating their names.

   Namjoon.

   Yoongi.

   Jin.

   Hoseok.

   Namjoon.

   Yoongi.

   Jin.

   Hos-

   "They won't let you remember, if you keep that up." She mumbles, and she's heard loud and clear. The brown hair that framed her face seemed to dull in the rather awful lighting. Then, things started to change.

   The girl stopped writing. The clipboard went to her side and she finally stopped staring. However, she knocked on the door, and was promptly pulled from the room.

   Not even a name to remember her by.

   However, not a moment too late, another girl came in. Although this was an older one, she was quite pretty and seemed harmless. It proved to be quite the opposite.

   "Mr. Park Jimin, so glad you've decided to wake up. Taehyung doesn't know how to control his the dosage but I tell him he's got in the bag." She's got the same clipboard but instead of just standing near the door, she comes right next to the bed.

   He leans into the bed, unconsciously trying to put space between them.

   She looks over him, sometimes grabbing his chin and turning his face around before writing something down. "Gorgeous, honey." When she leaned in, he could smell the scent off of her. It was like a peach. How could one smell like peaches? He briefly wondered, staring right back at her.

   A few moments of just inspecting him she turns to the door and snaps her fingers. People come in a second later, carrying buckets of what looked like water. She smiled down at him as they came round the bed, surrounding him.

   Her smile wasn't like the first girl's. No, hers held something sinister.

   "Let's begin, shall we?"