II. Pretty Thoughts

[Recap on Sparkling]

He looks up and sees a human peering down into the water, sticking his hand into it. He drifts backwards until he looks behind him and sees a boat heading his way. He quickly moves towards the boy to the surface.

Even if the boy sees his tail, he could always kiss him.

🌟~· Sparkling ·~🌟

Yoongi sits on the wooden port, with his friend's dog. Why did he agree to watch over his dog on his day off?

Oh yeah. He owes it to him. He's sitting on the edge of the port, pants rolled up to his knees and his legs hanging ankle deep in the ocean.

"Fuck!" He heard an almost silent curse that made him want to turn around, but knew if he started that bad habit, he'd be gone within minutes. He ignores it, but still stays weary. Yoongi closes his eyes and sighs, hoping to expel his fears through deep breathing.

He hears the dog, Kookie, barking at the water. He groans inwardly as he opens his eyes to spot an incredibly handsome (those words doesn't even come close to describing the boy) in the water, looking very much naked. Oh and scared.

"Are you okay?" He asks, having to clear his throat several times due to not having to use it in some time, and leans forward to offer his hand for help.

The boy starts to tremble, even in the water, and slowly sinks from Yoongi's view. Back into the water.

To Yoongi, he was drowning, and he was quick to dive in. Kookie being a good dog, jumped in as well to save this angel.

Yoongi ducks under the water, sees the boy staring right at him, and reaches forward to only notice the large tail attached to the boy. He accidentally grips onto the scared boy, and scares him even further.

"Please let go!"

Yoongi pauses, hearing a voice so soft but yet so scared. He holds onto the arm but softens his grip, and remembers he has to breathe. He gets a hold onto the boy, despite him struggling along the way, and swims back to the surface for a good dose of oxygen.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi repeats, somewhat still shocked about his being a mermaid. The boy doesn't respond, just stares at him. The human of the two edges them closer to the edge of the wooden port.

"Stay right here, I'll be right back." Yoongi whispers to him as he lets go completely to raise himself onto the port. He pulls himself to his feet and reaches to get Kookie, but he insists on staying with the mermaid. He ignores the dog, and leaves to head over to his car. There's some towels in the back, obviously for him and Kookie just in case, and the seats were pulled down.

He gets in the vehicle, driving it to the closest part he could. Then he pauses. What was he planning to do with his car? Put a mermaid in the back? That'd be torture. And it'd ruin the car. What is going to come at the end of this? Any good? Any bad?

He shakes his thoughts away, just pulling into park, and opening the back, and laying towels down. "For Kookie..."

He returns to the side of the port where the mermaid is at, finding him to be silently smiling at Kookie. He looks up as Yoongi had to practically lay down on the wood to get Kookie out of the water. It was very hard, seeing water was a factor, but he managed to do fine. He led him to the back of the car and helped him inside.

Dried off the dog, tied him to a seat, left the back door open. Yoongi goes back to find the mermaid still there. He didn't know what to do.

"So what's your name?" Yoongi asked, awkward that the mermaid was just staring at him. He didn't answer. Just blinks.

"What's a name?" He slowly asks, testing the waters. Yoongi's eyes widen slightly but he answers as if he didn't notice the fact that this mermaid had the voice of an angel.

"A name is something to address you, or call you." He said, the mermaid nods as he listens closely.

"I don't.. have a name." He says, slowly as he's getting used to the language. Just as Yoongi is about to say something, his phone is ringing from the car.

"One second."

The phone stopped ringing after he reached the car. He checks his phone, and sees an unknown number. He shakes his head, leaving it in the car. Kookie whines as he's leaving him again.

"You'll be okay, five more minutes." He promises, and jogs back. He's still there, and this time, the mermaid's pulled himself up a little to peek over the port. "You shouldn't do that. You could've been seen by somebody." He lightly scolds, gaining the mermaid's attention.

"My name is Min Yoongi, you can call me that." He reveals his name to the angelic mermaid, and probably knows that he probably doesn't have a name.

"Min Yoongi?" He says, speaking a little faster than before. Yoongi smiles a tiny bit, and nods in response.

"Can you give me my name?" The mermaid pulls himself up even more, trying to show that he was comfortable with the human. However, from Yoongi's angle, he could see the tiny body of the mermaid but also the tail. But also the fact that this mermaid had a bit of muscle. It wasn't obvious, but it's noticeable.

"Jimin." Yoongi thinks back to an old friend he used to have that reminded Yoongi of this mermaid. The mermaid perked up, thinking that this must be his name.

The mermaid's head knocked to the side as he whipped it so fast. Yoongi wonders if he heard something. "Meet me here tomorrow morning, bright and early. Over there, by the tide pools." Yoongi gave instructions to the mermaid who nods a tiny bit, like he was only hearing his voice but the words he was saying.

Swiftly, and quite silently, Jimin the mermaid lets himself sink in the water before he swims away.

Yoongi stares after him before getting up and heading over back to Kookie. The dog was whining and started to happily wag his tail. He untied the dog and opened the door for him to the passenger seat. "Let's go home, Kookie."