IX. Pain of Creation

[Recap on Sparkling]

"

If that's the case, why are you guys like a couple?"

🌟~· Sparkling ·~🌟

   Needless to say that Yoongi had wanted to beat Namjoon up for saying that. This guy here has only been a human for a very limited time and he's out here thinking they're a couple? Jimin must be so confused, feeling lost and outright scared.

   Jimin, however, knew what a couple meant, in a way. The clues were there. Humans were always so different with their words, but they almost always had the same meanings in some occasions. "We aren't. Merely just friends." He politely corrected Namjoon's assumption, trying his best to not scream or anything.

   The seafolk always took their time. If anybody he knew saw how close they were, how they were touching... He'd be ridiculed, critical of his actions. It wasn't his fault. He depended on his brothers for help and naturally, it followed him to his human phase.

   "Alright. Fair enough. Okay, so a human who was a mermaid. I can work with that." Namjoon nods, rubbing his hands together, the sandwich from earlier gone. He goes over to a wall close to the two boys on the loveseat, a painting sat on it, depicting a lovely view of the night sky. Namjoon took it off, finding a tiny door in the wall.

   Yoongi and Jimin watched with interest, they glanced at each other, obviously confused. He had a secret room? In the midst of their reasonable confusion, Namjoon went in through the door, motioning for them to do the same.

   Jimin finds nothing wrong in following his orders, but as soon as the blanket falls off from his lap, Yoongi does.

   Yoongi with speed he found deep in his conscience reached forward to grab the boy by his wrist. He was confused, naturally, but Yoongi said nothing as he worked to wrap the blanket around his waist.

   "Oh and there's clothes by the black curtains."

   They both were spooked but when they spotted the curtains near the wall with the hidden door, indeed, there were clothes in a neat pile.

   Yoongi doesn't let questions pile in his mind, only going over to the clothes to pick them up. He turns around and finds Jimin holding a hand for it. "Can you do it by yourself?"

   He hesitates and that's enough for Yoongi to lead the way to the bathroom. "Be right there, Joon."

   They exit the living room and down the hallway to the left, Yoongi ahead of Jimin and they don't say anything. It's deathly quiet as the lights glare out their purpose, no flickering business, and the creme walls did nothing to give a feel for Namjoon's home. It felt merely like a place he existed in.

   Yoongi stops, resulting in the boy to bump in behind him. Thankfully, he doesn't say anything, just motions for him to go in first.

   Jimin stares at the objects in the room. They were odd, just further in confirming that seafolk and humans were different. He hears a small click and he glances behind him. Yoongi seems to be struggling with something, and he wanted to lift that stress from his friend's shoulders.

   "I can put them on myself, Yoongi." He offers but Yoongi just dismisses him. He secretly thanks Neptune, he didn't really know how to put on human cloth, barely understood the blanket he held around his waist.

   "Drop the blanket," Yoongi doesn't look at him and he does as told. It leaves Jimin staring at him while he's being handed a strange cloth with three holes. He only holds it in his hands.

   "You stick your legs through the bigger hole and leave them out the other smaller holes." He explains. "It's called boxers."

   He held his friend's hand for support as he figured his way into the cloth. Somehow, he got them on right. "Now what?" It couldn't be it, that simple. The humans he knew weren't just wearing these boxers. It was clearly not the case. Hence, the pile of clothes that did nothing but scare him.

   "Pants." The word drew blanks in his mind but much like the boxers, he was given a elongated piece of rough, dark cloth, like to the boxers in that they have three holes. "They're called jeans though." It was more difficult to put them on as there was a lot more cloth than he thought originally. It frustrated him especially when he pulled them all the way up but could not figure out how to push the tiny thing into the weird hole.

   "Need help with the button?" Yoongi asks, and he nods, that must be what that's called.

   Neither expected that when Yoongi came close enough to button the jeans, and zip them up, they would continue to be in each other's presence.

   Jimin knew it wasn't them just breathing. He knew Yoongi felt it too, he had to. They both didn't know what to do. Not ten minutes ago, they both said they only knew each other for such a short period. Jimin knows the rules his world has placed on things like this. But he's not in his world right now, he's with Yoongi. And so far, he's been nothing but kind to him.

   "Yoongi," the boy spoke, wanting to know what he was feeling but he accidentally broke the moment, almost forcefully waking the human from a trance.

   "Right. Shirt now." Yoongi dismissed the moment but they both know they can't do this right now. Doesn't mean they didn't want the silence to be awkward as Jimin shuffled his arms into the white, cotton button up shirt. Yoongi couldn't look at him directly anymore.

   When he was finished, Yoongi made the mistake of looking and felt a sudden urge to take all those clothes off of the fish.

   He had to force himself to look away, force himself to shove those thoughts away.

   Because at the end of the day, they barely knew each other and they both knew it wouldn't last.

   Jimin needed to be back in the ocean, and Yoongi can only help to make it happen.

~

So uhhhhh, can't remember what the ending was for this soooo

Do you think Jimin will really go back to the ocean and Yoongi will go back to his old life, whatever that was, and move on?

Do you think they'll fight it? Will find a way to make it work?

And most importantly, how are Jimin's brothers doing without their baby brother?