V. Life in Grey

[Recap on Sparkling]

He is different, but this time, it's a good different. Well, he hopes, at least.

🌟~· Sparkling ·~🌟

The mermaid who met the human yesterday was currently hiding from his brothers. They wanted to know why they needed to stay longer than necessary, why he needed more time here.

It was harmful for them to stay, they weren't used to such shallow waters and people were bound to spot their shimmery tails.

So, obvious solution for an obvious problem? Send them to get something for him while he made sure that no humans would be around their food stash they found. (Okay it was a stupid plan, but they're even more stupid for not going against it. (But in all honesty he never lied or made it so they didn't trust him ever.))

So, at the agreed time, Jimin was waiting, waiting by the tide pools on a rock that could only be seen if one knew where to look. The crevices of the rock dug into his skin and scales but it would be worth it. He had many questions that only Min Yoongi could answer.

He sighs, his hair drying and he felt immediately the risks of staying on a rock for a long time. He was drying off, his throat of gills were impossible to ignore, they needed water!

Then, as he was desperately looking for ways to get water, a deep pain was rooted in his tail.

It was a splitting pain, a hot iron of heat that it almost felt cold for a second. He couldn't focus on anything, the pain bearing to be too much. However, the pain spread all over his body and all of it lead to him being knocked out.

This leads us to Yoongi showing up on time. He couldn't sleep and figured he might as well just head over here. No use in trying, insomnia was a bitch and didn't like losing. So he just came over here.

"Jimin?" He called out, standing on several boulders, minding his footing, and then he heard tiny whimpers. His ears listened closely, zoning in on the noise. He moves quickly. Someone could be hurt, and Jimin might've left, and he won't be held responsible if someone ends up dead where his DNA has been.

"Hello?" He calls out, the whimpers coming to a full dead stop. He curses, gripping on the large rocks, and looking all around. And then he saw him.

Jimin?

Couldn't be. The merman had legs!

Oh damn, moving closer, Yoongi could see Jimin much better. He was full blown naked and unnaturally legs were there instead of the large tail that made him what he is.

"Jimin?" The fish didn't answer. He hurried to help him get off the rock. It couldn't possibly be good for him. Jimin is limp as Yoongi, almost didn't succeed, manages to take him from the tide pool area, all the way to his car.

He's faced with Jimin's newly exposed privates, and he digs through the back of his car to find a thin blanket. Yoongi tosses it over the unconscious fish and gets into the driver's seat.

He doesn't know why he goes to leave but what could he do?

Hands on the ignition, he slowly turns the car off, and resolving to try to wake up Jimin. It probably won't be easy. He didn't wake up during the whole spectacle of getting him into his car.

   But still. He needed to try. If not, it'll be hard to explain to the ex-merman.

   He uses his right hand to shake Jimin's left shoulder, trying to ignore the smooth skin and focus on getting him to open those eyes.

   He gasps as he intensely woke up, coughing as he tried to breathe. Yoongi had to pat his back, not knowing what else to do. When Jimin calmed down a little, he looked to the hand touching him.

   "Yoongi?"

   It took his breath away, his eyes just pierced through his resolve. He usual wasn't a mess when talking to people but Jimin seemed to like doing this to him, maybe a little unintentionally. However, there was something much more important than messy Yoongi.

   "Jimin, what happened?" He forced those words out of his mouth, trying his best to focus and stay on task.

   He didn't answer right away.