Nulla.

🌟~· Sparkling ·~🌟

   "Why don't mermaids just leave? They are taking up all of the space in the ocean!" A little boy and a little girl sit on a bench they both placed near the ocean.

   "Why don't humans leave the land? They're taking up all the space!" The girl countered his argument and his response consisted of sticking his tongue out.

   As they sat in silence again, a rare thing that they still kind of enjoyed, they see a shimmer in the water.

   "Did you see that?" The boy almost fell from standing up so fast, asking his friend beside him. The girl shakes her head, also standing up and scanning the water.

   Then they see it. A tail sticks out of the water and splashes them both. Soaking them both wet.

   "EOMMA!!" They cried, running back onto the path towards their homes.

   "Heh. Kids." A voice emerged from the water, a head coming along with the voice. His blond hair slicked back from the water, his eyes as enchanting as the stars at night.

   He looks around, and pulls his upper body onto the smoother rocks. He sighs as his body aches for a moment as his tail is the one with the most weight. As he rests his body against some other rocks, that hopefully shielded him from any wandering eyes, he looks into the ocean, hoping to see his brothers.

   "Did you really think that you'd get away from us?" A voice so teasing, he sees his elder brother pop his head out gently, looking as angelic as ever.

   "We're distracted for a moment and he gets a head start and all of a sudden he thinks he's the fastest one out of us." His elder brother, younger than their eldest but still older than him, pulls himself from out of the water to joke around with his siblings.

   If any stranger saw them, without a tail, they'd think they were famous just by their fascinating looks. It was a wonder how people hadn't seen them but in all reality, it was about nine in the evening, just when people start to settle in.

   They both end up pulling themselves onto the same one their younger brother sat. They all sat and sighed.

   "What now? We swam all the way here." The youngest one whispers, almost as if afraid of what his brothers would say.

   "I don't know... Yet, but we'll figure something out, okay?" The eldest one spoke, turning to his brothers. They nod, and so he sat back.

   "I think we should go on land."