VI. Learn To Fly

[Recap on Sparkling]

"Jimin, what happened?" He forced those words out of his mouth, trying his best to focus and stay on task.

He didn't answer right away.

🌟~· Sparkling ·~🌟

   Jimin and Yoongi sit in relative silence. Neither of them knew what to do, and neither of them knew each other.

   These two completely different beings just so happened to collide into the other's world. They were so interested in each other, had they considered what would come of it?

   Nonetheless, Yoongi has to look Jimin in the eye and definitely not at the covered places that should definitely not be seen. It doesn't take too much strain to maintain eye contact as he was curious, but polite, as he spoke. "Can I take you back to my place?"

   Jimin didn't say anything, again. Yoongi's right eye twitched. Was he being ignored?

   "You can't ignore the situa-" He was cut off by the merman waving his hands near his throat. "What in the world are you doing?"

   When he opened his mouth to speak, he started to cough. The coughs turned to dry heaving not too soon after, leaving Yoongi to panic. "Jimin, what the fuck, do you need water or something?"

   The whole situation was bizarre enough, and had Jimin not been on the brink of whatever he was on, Yoongi could've laughed at the irony of his question.

   He could only calm down enough to accept water to drink, and then, he was almost a tiny bit delirious still. Yoongi couldn't tell what it was though, he wasn't good at reading minds and even worse at reading social cues.

   He ran a hand through his hair, contemplating what the risks of going to one of his 'friends'. Jimin was just a ball of a mess, uncooperative and nonverbal of a merman.

   Sitting in that car for a whole ten minutes made Yoongi make a quick decision. He can't help Jimin with the way he is, and he can't help him in general, he didn't even know mermaids existed till Jimin popped his head out of the water!

   If the silent boy didn't want to leave the shore, he didn't say anything. And in his head, it was a madhouse. He was screaming at the top of his lungs but nobody heard him, not his brothers and not Min Yoongi.

   The whole drive left the boys quiet and afraid. For Jimin, he was, quite literally, fish out of water and now human on land, on feet. He needed his brothers but when the multiple times he tried to say anything, something clogged his throat. He wanted to beg, plead with all he had, to the cruel force behind this to turn him back.

   For Yoongi, he felt helpless. He'd singlehandedly caused this. If he hadn't met the fish in the first place this wouldn't be happening. And is this temporary? Could he turn back? Was this something Jimin didn't know about himself or was there something greater playing the field? If this was something a bit more permanent, how can Yoongi help him?

   He can barely live by himself, holding two jobs were fucking difficult and were physically and mentally draining him. He'd gone to the port to get out of the house and had bumped into an old friend who needed to cash in a favor. The whole thing was a fluke, a blip in the universe code.

   This wasn't supposed to happen to these two but the cards have been dealt and the game is calling them to play.