Best Day

Dakota

I watch as my little girl walks down the aisle, throwing flowers with a huge smile on her face.

"She's so adorable" Alex whispers next to me.

"She's so happy!" Ashton chuckles.

I smile.

Once Sabrina finishes, she sits down and then there she is.

My beautiful girl walking down the aisle with her dad clung to her arm.

I tear up and so does she.

She walks up and her dad smiles at me before sitting down.

"You look so beautiful" I take her hands, crying.

"I love you" she cries and I kiss her hand.

Melvnin and Emely stand as her bridesmaids and Alex and Ashton stand as my best men.

Even Grayson's family came! Well, his dad and I are good friends now.

"We are gathered here today for the wedding of Dakota Archer and Gracie McBride" the priest begins.

He begins to talk, but Gracie and I just stand here, looking into each other's eyes.

She's so, so fucking gorgeous.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the priest asking for our vows.

"Grace... fuck. You, you have made me into the person I am today. I honestly don't know what I'd without you! I can't even imagine life without you! The first day I laid eyes on you, I could tell you were scared of me, but that never stopped me from liking you. I always looked forward to every year to see you! Shit happened, but in the end, you trusted me. You gave me a chance and believed in me. I'll never forget the day I asked you out, and shockingly, you said yes! Things progressed from there. You gave me Sabrina. Our beautiful daughter who means the absolute world to me! You're the person I wanna be with forever. And, I knew that ever since I laid eyes on you. I fell deeply in love with you and I wouldn't change anything we've been though" I rub the back of her hands with my thumb.

She wipes away her tears. "Dakota, I never thought we'd be there. But, that's because I was hung over some stupid guy who ended by breaking my heart. You took me in and we became the bestest of friends! You have a heart bigger than your chest and I truly don't know where I'd be without you. You love so much, and I love that about you. You've been through hell and back, literally, and never failed to stopped being the guy I fell in love with years ago. You're such an amazing father to our daughter and I would never wish for anyone besides you. I love you so much, Dakota Blake Archer. Everyday you make me fall in love all over again"

I smile and look up, then back at her.

"Dakota Archer, do you take his woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" the priest asks and memories flood my head.