Proposal

Dakota

I jolt up and quickly change.

"I can't feel my legs" she weakly stands up.

I help her by handing her her clothes. "I know, I'm sorry, but we gotta get out there!"

"Go see what he wants" she says and I sigh and nod before running out of the room and out of the house.

"Yeah?" I run down the staircase.

"Grayson's here" he points to a little boy with brown hair playing with Sabrina in the playground.

"Oh great" I smack my forehead.

"Uhhhh, hey buddy..." Emely looks at me and I turn to her.

"Your hair" they both laugh.

"Fuck!" I mess with it. "Does it look fine?!"

"Yeah" Alex laughs. "His mom wants to talk to you and Gracie"

I clench my jaw. "But she's getting ready"

They burst out laughing and I roll my eyes before running to the car to where Grayson's mom is.

"Oh hi!" she notices me. "I'm Mary"

"Hey! Dakota. Sorry, Gracie isn't feeling her best right now" I pant.

"Oh no! I hope she feels better!" she says and I hesitantly smile. "What time should I pick up Grayson?"

"Uh, I know Sabrina wants to go out for ice cream and they'll probably do some running around here. Maybe six?" I ask.

She smiles and nods. "That would be amazing! All he talks about is Sabrina! She's his first friend... Grayson was held back in pre-k due to trouble socializing and not really being the nicest kid in the class. But he really took Gracie in under his wing! I've never seen my little boy so happy!"

I smile. "I get it, I'm an Archer and related to many killers. I never had friends growing up, besides my best friend. He's been with me for all my life. Now Sabrina's struggling with the same thing, making friends. I'm glad she has Grayson, even though, bittersweet for me, as a dad, she's talking to a boy"

She laughs and nods. "That's how my husband was with our first born"

"Hey!" Gracie walks out.

I turn to her and smile. "Is it cool if Grayson stays until six?"

"Yeah! That's totally fine! Sabrina loooves Grayson" Gracie chuckles, turning to Sabrina and Grayson.

"Oooh so does Grayson" Mary laughs and so does Gracie. "Well, I'll be back around six!"

"See you!" Gracie waves and Mary says goodbye to Grayson before leaving. I laugh and Gracie turns to me. "What?"

"You're walking like you did a hundred squats!" I laugh.