Breakdown

wow. i'm officially mad at myself GRRR i published the chapter after this one UGHHH so just pretend you read this first LOL

Gracie

"Hey Lucy!" Dakota exclaims as they walk in.

"Lucy can talk, but, she's shy around you" Jonathan laughs.

I smile and Gracie walks to me. "Did you talk to him about it?"

I look at her, shaking my head. "We're not ready for a child"

"And that's how I know you didn't ask him" she laughs and I raise an eyebrow

"And that's how I know you didn't ask him" she laughs and I raise an eyebrow. "Because that boy is SO ready for a baby"

I roll my eyes.

But she's right.

"Gracie, come here" Dakota turns to us and we look at him. "My Gracie"

My heart flutters.

His Gracie.

I turn to the other Gracie and smirk as she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah?" I ask and he pulls me into his chest.

"No way Kailee is adopted, she looks just like Melissa!" Jonathan says.

I laugh and nod. "She is, her parents dumped her and Dakota was on a quest to... a-adopt... her..." I come to realization.

"She's my best friend. I was bound determined to adopt her, but, they wouldn't let me so my parents did" Dakota smiles.

Gracie walks to Jonathan, hitting my shoulder with  shoulder with hers, making me scoff.

"I heard my name!" Kailee runs in. "Cute baby!"

"Thank you!" Jonathan smiles.

Dakota lets go of me, making me frown.

I sit down on the couch and Kailee sits next to me. "Who's the chick?" she whispers.

"A bitch" I whisper back.

"Ooooh" she trails off. "Looks like one"

We burst out laughing, but immediately stop once everyone sits with us.

Dakota holds Lucy and Kailee sits on his leg.

I sigh and rub Dakotas back.

"I love you" I whisper, frowning.

He turns to me with a smile. "And I love you" he kisses my forehead. "Wanna hold her?"

"Sure" I smile and he hands me Lucy while he holds onto his little sister, messing with her hair.

I look down at Lucy to see her eyeing Dakota.

Dakota is so good with kids... it's unreal.

"Gracie number two," Gracie smirks and I roll my eyes "can I talk to you?"