Should Have Deleted Him (End)

This is it. I don't plan to do an epilogue. Also triggering subjects about mental health up ahead, so like, be aware. Also I don't how well written this is, and I apologize for how short it is.

It was a week, Mad had kept his promise. No more murders happened, you should be happy.

You weren't. Your mental health had gotten even worse, and Mad could tell.

"Oh, (Y/n) my darling~ Come here, I have some things to explain for you."

You listened. You didn't want to risk anything.

You walked towards Mad's voice who was sitting in a living room area.

And to your horror on top of the coffee table was a plate of strawberries.

You started to sway back and forth, as your breath quickening. You were probably going to fall down if it wasn't for Mad catching you.

He guided you gently onto a couch, as he then walked away with the plate in his hands and you couldn't help but notice the skip in his step as the world was still swaying slightly.

He soon returned from the kitchen, where the strawberries were removed.

"How wonderful! I had a feeling that everything was going well, but this just proves it!"

"W-what are you talking about?"

Mad let out one of his laughs, as he lifted you up from the couch, and dragged you around for a dance of sorts.

"Oh, haven't you noticed? Your hatred of red, and certainly no one reacts to a mere plate of strawberries like that!"

"W-where are you getting at?"

"My dear, it seems you have developed a case of PTSD!"

"W-well yeah, but who wouldn't with all you put me through?"

"I know! That's what I was hoping for!"

You got out of his arms and started to back away from him.

"W-why would you want t-that?"

"Simple! Your mentality affects you. You might be terrified by me, maybe even have hallucinations and nightmares of me! But there is also the strange oddity with some patients that they feel the opposite of hate and fear. It doesn't seem that you have that mind you, but I can work with what you got."

Your legs touched the back of the couch, as you leaned back slightly away from Mad as he walked towards you and more.

Mad reached into his pocket to pull out something. A red handkerchief. Immediately your brain started to freak out about the color, until just like a switch it stopped.

"W-what?"

"It's a marvelous thing, isn't it? Actually controlling someone's mind. I can read thoughts, control nerves, affect what you can and can't remember."

You let out a gasp as your body sat down on the couch.

"Y-you would wipe my memories, w-would you?"

Mad locked you in place by having his hands on both sides of you.

"Well, depends on your condition of mind. If we're lucky, you feel nothing but love for me, worse scenario is that whenever you act up I force your condition to get worse where you would have nightmares every night and hallucinations every day. And only taking them away when you behave. If you can't comply completely I'll wipe your brain of all memories, but that would mean I don't have the same leverage over you."

He leaned in close to your face.

"We don't want any of those things to happen, now we, sweetness?"

I blinked your eyes, holding back your tears as you pivoted your head from back to forth.

"Good. I thought you would agree with me."

He pecked you on the lips.

"Oh and one more thing, with the whole nerve system thing, I can put you through pain when nothing could be causing it and I could give you electric shocks from inside of you. Or I could make feel wonderfully stress-free. Your decision, my love."

"I-I should have deleted you-"

The fiercest pain you have ever felt filled your body from inside you.

"Wrong choice. Let's admit it, you never could."