Kids Part 3

I'm so sorry it took me a whole year just to even start the last part and thank you for being patient. I won't bore you all to death so here it is.

Wow it took me almost 2 whole years to finish this. I'm so sorry!!
☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕☺️💕

(Just in case you forgot.)

Nalu's kids : Exceeds

*Layla *Rose
*Nashi *Star
*Luke *Flame

Gruvia's kids

*Frost
*Krystal
*Storm
______

3rd Person POV

Layla shoot her cousin a quick smile as she nodded, "I know. Thank you.". With a childish smile thrown towards her way, Zeira lifted her hand in a waving motion and ran off.

The blond looked at her best friend ever since she could remember and sighed slowly. She ignored the way Frost stiffened, avoiding her eyes as he took a step back. All the small actions made of obvious he would rather be doing anything else than to talk to her.

"We need to talk." Layla spoke up, standing a few feet away from Frost. The latter seem to hesitate before nodding grimly, a guilty expression crossing his face as he extended his hand towards the bench.

"We do, lets sit first." nodding in agreement Layla was the first one to sit down, waiting for Frost to follow, which he later did with a sigh. The silence that stretched out between them felt awkward, something that was foreign to them both.

"Layla listen," Frost broke the ice first, forcing himself to look at his childhood best friend and crush for a few years now. He ignored the jealousy that had been blinding him before and accepted his wrong doing.

"I'm sorry!" he blurted out.

Layla didn't say anything but nodded slowly, knowing Frost wasn't done apologizing. It was unusual for Frost to apologize, but when he did he did it honestly and would always say more than the usual two words.

"I-I was jealous okay?" he looked downwards but later glanced up to Layla's brown eyes. If he was going to apologize he was going to do it right, that meant looking at her without avoiding her gaze.

"When I heard you liked someone I felt jealous, ridiculously jealous," he laughed embarrassedly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I went sorta crazy and I was really cold to you, I didn't let you explain yourself, that by the way you didn't even have to.".

"If you like someone, then I should respect your decision," he frowned, "even if it hurts me because if I'm really your best friend then your happiness should always matter above my own selfish wants. I'm sorry I made you go through all of that.".

"I just," his voice cracked, he immediately cleared his throat and blinked rapidly. "I don't want you to get hurt okay?" he mumbled softly, reaching out and touching her hand gently.

"I've grown up with you and it would kill me to see you get hurt, especially by someone you liked. I-" Frost paused again, chewing his lip nervously, wondering if he should really risk it or not. In the end he decided that it was now or never.

"I've liked you for a long time now Layla," he ignored the small gap from his best friend and continued. "I've liked you since probably the start of middle school and even though I knew I didn't have much of a chance with you I still tried my best.".

"I never really told you because I didn't want things to change between us if you didn't return my feelings. All of what we have gone through, all the years would suddenly wouldn't matter and just the thought of it really hurts me." Frost exhaled shakily, letting his feelings show for once in his life.