Curse/Gift (Jerza)

Hey everyone I couldn't help but notice I had 2K views on this poor excuse of a story. Thank you so much. I will try to finish it as soon as possible. Thank you for reading this.

😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

"We are the same"

Those 4 words were the first thing he had said to me. Confused on what he meant I look up from my book I was reading. I was in a small cozy cafe that was not far from my apartment I was currently living in. The table I was sitting in was the farthest from the door and closest to the window in the back. When I had come in I had felt a pair of eyes staring at me, I had just ignored it at that time.

A soft "Huh" escaped my lips. Taking a seat in front of me his lips turn into a small smirk. "You don't have to hide it. We are the same, we are too much alike" he mumbled as he rested his chin in his palm. By now I had closed my book and was checking his posture, body movements and his face.

Yes, there was something about him that was completely different from anyone in this room. Except me. "We have the same thing. We have a curse" he look at me in the eye as he said this. "You think of it as a curse" I ask confused as I had finally figure what he meant. "Yes it is" was his simple answer.

"How many" I decided to change the subject. "I lost count. Probably on my 10th" he murmur as he played with the straw of my drink which had been untouched the whole time. "What about you" he ask as he look up to me. "I'm on my 7th or 8th" I said while playing with my long scarlet hair.

"How were the previous ones" he ask looking outside the window. "Some were good, other horrible and most could have gone better" I mumbled as I studied his tattoo "What about yours". He had stopped looking out the window and was now looking at me again. "Most were bad. Few were tolerable and 1 was........great" he said darkly as his bangs covered his eyes.

"I'm guessing you had a lover back then" I said with a dark chuckle. "I had a family" was his response. "Oh, what was that person's name" I ask as I watch his body movements again. "My name was Gray Fullbuster and her name was Juvia Lockser" he said as he stood up. I only nodded as I payed for the drink and threw it in the trash.

Grabbing my bag I got out of the cafe and walk towards my apartment. He had follow me. "What's your name" I asked him hugging myself for more warm. The cold wind was like a slap in the face. "Jellal Fernandez" he said as he threw a boyish grin towards me. "Erza Scarlet" was my response as I keep walking.

Comfortable silence followed. We had reached my apartment. I took out my keys and sighed when the warm air welcomed me. "Nice place" Jellal had said as he entered and closed the door behind him. "Thanks. I try to keep it clean" I said as I threw my purse to the couch and settled myself over one of the black leather couches.

"I think of what we have as a curse. What do you think about it" he ask as he sat next to me. "A gift" I said with a small smile. "A gift that we were given. We have to power to live forever. To experience different things. We get to live in the future, past, present, other dimensions and don't die. Why would this be a curse" I ask turning my head to see his reaction.

"But we don't have a choice. We didn't ask for it. What if we didn't want to live anymore? What if we just wanted to be normal? We don't know when fate is going to end us and start a new beginning. We don't know when this is going to stop or if this is our last lifetime" he said as he clenched his fist. "But isn't better like this? We are special" I tried to make the situation better.

"What's so special about dying and waking up being someone new? What's so special about living in fear because your life might be ripped away from you at any second" Jellal shouted as he stood up. I froze shocked of what he said. He seemed to be shocked of his outburst too because he had lowered his head and mumbled a small "sorry".