Jetlag or Insanity

The plane ride to L.A. was long and exhausting. She never understood how just sitting and doing nothing could make a person tired. It should be the other way around, but it’s not and she should know. Most of her time is spent running around, taking care of this or that. She thinks she gets about five hours of sleep a night, mainly because she is always busy.

Running a band is not something she thought she would ever do, and if it wasn’t for her daughter, Daysha, she would not be doing it. Daysha begged her to be the band manager and act as the other girls’ guardian.

At first she said no because of her work, but Daysha reminded her she could write anywhere. There was some truth to it, she didn’t have to be tied down to a desk and answer to anyone but herself. All she really needed was her laptop and her brain, which are sometimes one and the same.

She writes mystery novels. The stories center around one specific character who is a private detective. People seem to like the fact that there is one character that is represented in all of the books, and she just goes through different scenarios. The character’s name is Justice, and so far there are ten books in the series. Her publisher has asked for at least fifteen, so that is what she intends to give them.

She wishes she could say that the band is what keeps her up all night, but it’s not. Most of the time she is writing well into the night, putting down ideas and formulating them into words hoping to make some sort of sense.

For the most part the girls are self-sufficient and she doesn’t have to do too much for them. Her main responsibility is making sure they are getting their studies, getting them gigs, making sure the label is doing what they’re supposed to be doing, and making sure they get to where they are supposed to be and on time.

They all met in junior high school and decided they wanted to start a band. For the most part, the other parents supported them, but it was still a difficult process. None of the girls, with the exception of Daysha, had ever touched an instrument. It was rather amazing though because when they all picked what they wanted to play it took them no time to perfect themselves. They could all sing that was never the problem so they at least had that going for them.

There are four of them, Daysha who plays lead guitar, sings and writes the bulk of the songs, Tabby who plays the bass and sings, Emma who plays guitar and sings, and Phoebe who plays the drums and sings.

They are better than anyone ever thought they’d be. That made getting them gigs fairly easy because most people liked them instantly and were amazed that they were just teenagers. All of them are fifteen and very cute.

She doesn’t like to admit it but the girls do have a pretty large young male fan base. It’s mainly because they are all pretty and take care of their bodies. Each of them played some sort of sport in junior high, soccer and softball mainly. She can’t say how many times she’s had to speak very loudly about grown men approaching her girls asking for dates. Even at five foot six she can still be intimidating when she wants to.

Today, they are meeting the band Mystical Misfits because they are about to begin touring with them. She can’t say she wasn’t surprised when their manager called her and asked if Pretty Never could join them on tour. That was definitely a surprise and something she wasn’t expecting, at least not in this stage of their career.

The girls have only been out for about a year, and generally play much smaller venues, so this is definitely going to be an experience. They are so excited because they absolutely love Mystical Misfits’ music. Not only are they young and attractive, but their music actually makes sense and is original. They also have the fan base the girls are hoping to attract. This tour will give them the exposure they need.