Come Closer

He can't believe it. The past couple of days have been very interesting, learning more about Amelia. In the beginning he didn't think she was going to open up, mainly because of their age difference. It did take a lot of persuading, but eventually she gave in.

When she told him her age he couldn't believe it. That woman is the sexiest 40 year old he has ever seen. Hell, she the sexiest of any age. She trumps all the women 20 years younger than her. Her face is immaculate, her skin is smooth, and her body is flawless, at least the little he's seen by the way her clothes fit. He can't wait to witness it in all its glory. There is no way that he is not going to lose his mind.

They spoke on the phone for hours while they were traveling on the buses. When they would stop they would speak to each other but not as in depth as they did on the bus. They tried to look uninterested in each other but it was difficult because he couldn't take his eyes off of her. She looked at him quite a bit also. Sometimes their eyes would lock and they would gaze at each other for several minutes.

None of the guys or girls has caught on. The only one who may suspect he and Amelia have been communicating is Titus, and that was because he saw them in each other's arms at the restaurant a couple of days ago. Although they tried to justify their actions at that moment, Grayson knows what it probably looked like.

Had Titus come along a few seconds later, he would have seen Grayson's lips on Amelia's because that's where he was headed. It sort of pissed him off that they were interrupted. That is part of the reason he went to her hotel room that night. Of course there were other reasons, like that he just wanted to see her and look at her beautiful face.

A flash of the way she looked that night crosses his mind. He closed his eyes tightly hoping to get a little more of the image. His body began to react as he was slowly scanning her body from top to bottom. A low groan escaped him causing him to open his eyes and shake his head from side to side. He looked around thankful the other guys are fiddling with their instruments and didn't hear that.

His mind went back to the conversation they had that first day when she revealed quite a bit about her life. It wasn't just one sided, he divulged quite a bit of information in that conversation.

He found out she writes mystery novels, and has been on the best seller list for several of her books. When he asked why he hadn't ever seen her name on any books she explained that she writes under an alias. She said the last thing she wanted to do was have people know who she really is, especially being a mother.

That is something he can understand. Sometimes he wishes people didn't know what he looked like. It's difficult to do pretty much anything without someone recognizing him. The only quiet time he gets is when he's at home. Unfortunately, it is not something he gets to do too often. It annoys him greatly.

He figures when he is working then he belongs to the fans because they pay good money to see his band perform. Although when he is not performing, he feels that people should leave him alone because he is no longer theirs. The sad thing is he can't have that type of lifestyle because he is always in demand, and other people don't realize he needs his privacy too. Or they do but really don't care.

He knows this is the life he chose and he has to deal with it, but it doesn't mean he has to like it, at least certain aspects. That is something he and Amelia talked in depth about.

She thought he was one of those celebrities that eat up the attention. It took her a while to believe what he was saying. He thought it was kind of funny. It's obvious his band persona is the only thing people know. He's hoping to show her there is another side to him.