Confessions Are Good For the Soul

He could feel her fingertips gliding across his skin. It felt so wonderful he never wanted it to end. Although he was awake, he kept his eyes closed so she would think he was still sleeping. He wanted to see just how far she would go.

She moaned softly as she continued to touch him, making his attempt to remain asleep very difficult. If she ventured any lower than his abdomen she would notice that he is very much awake.

She began to speak, whispering to him sweetly.

"Grayson Knight, you drive me totally insane. It still baffles me how you were able to win my heart with just one look. The minute I saw you I knew I wanted you, but I was afraid. I mean, our relationship is nowhere near normal."

She paused for a few seconds, taking several deep breaths before continuing to speak.

"You are such an amazing man. That baffles me too. How is it, that someone so young could be so mature and sure of himself? Most men don't have a clue what they want until they are much older. I wish more men were like you, but then again I don't because that is what makes you special. You are so special. I don't know what I would do without you."

She stopped talking but he knew she wasn't finished with what she was trying to say so he just laid there pretending to be asleep. He felt the softness of her lips on his chest. She breathed in deeply and moaned softly. It took all his might not to respond to her.

"Grayson, you are more than my lover, you are my friend, my best friend. It is something I have never had and I cherish it greatly. That's the reason I have fallen so deeply in love with you. It scares me to death but I can't deny my feelings anymore."

'Did she just say that she loves me? Amelia, I love you more than anything in this world. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Please don't leave me, baby. I will do whatever it takes to make you happy, always.' He said to himself when she stopped speaking once again.

He could feel the wetness from her tears on his skin. So much of him wanted to open his eyes and look at her beautiful face, but he knew she wouldn't be able to get out what she is trying to say if he was looking at her. She started to speak again.

"You have me, all of me. The only person who has more of me is Daysha. You have the rest and there is no changing that. I would like to be yours always, but that scares me too. Why am I so afraid of you, us? It's a question that has been looming in my mind ever since the first time I saw you, and I still have no answers." She sniffled.

There was a pull in his chest so strong he thought he was dying. His breathing accelerated and he knows she can feel his chest going up and down more rapidly. He felt her hand move and rest on his chest over his heart. Her touch was hot and it felt like there was an electric current running from her fingers into his body.

"All I know is that I love you, and there is no one else on this planet that could change that. Those other negative feelings I have, I will try to push them to the side and just focus on how much I love you hoping that would be enough to sustain me." She said and then kissed him on his chest.

He felt her head move off of his body and knew she was looking into his face. Slowly he opened his eyes meeting the most intense amber orbs he's ever seen. They were still full of tears and he could tell she was trying hard to keep them at bay.

He lifted his hand brushing her hair over her shoulder and caressing her face. They continued to gaze at each other, neither of them speaking with their mouths but rather their eyes. It was a position he could remain in for eternity. There was a warm feeling that traveled through his body filling him completely.