A Little Glimpse Of Heaven

I woke up the next morning with a horrible headache and a bad back. The apartment felt much less empty, and I looked around and remembered the girls were now with me. It was really a relief to not wake up and find myself alone. Even though my family's never really with me, I'm still not used to being alone. Usually I have Madeline and the other workers at least, but here, I was alone. So, most of the time, I'd try to get out as soon as possible and go to work early.

The apartment had two rooms, each with two beds. I was assuming they figured that out because the only person I saw sleeping in the room with me was Leah. Sahana and Saph slept in the other room. I guessed. With a yawn and a stretch, I was out of bed.

I walked over to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face. There were still traces of the peach shimmer blush and brown eyeliner from last night on my face. My hair was piled on top of my head as a messy bun, still covered in glitter, courtesy of the makeup crew, in order to look good for the dreaded ball. I took a shower and washed my hair and face, and then conditioned. I dried hair, and got into my robe, then went over to my closet to see what I could wear. I decided on a cream colored button down with a knot at the bottom (i forgot what those are called :/) with some studded jean short shorts. I wore my matching floral cream colored Vans and then took my hair out to style it. I walked over to the blow-dryer only to find that it's broken, so I had to settle on a messy bun, but I figured out how to make it work. I made a braid near the center of my head starting almost parallel to my ears and it went back. Then, I grabbed the braid and pulled it up with the rest of my hair. The messy bun was tied with a hairtie and the braid rested on my head looking really good. Then, I took a cream and baby-blue bow and clipped it on the back of my head, just withe the bun. I applied some of last night's peach shimmer lip gloss and I was good to go.

I walked into the kitchen to see Saph and Sahana in the kitchen making omelettes.

"Wassup chicas?" I hollered at them, hopping onto one of the seats at the mini bar - yeah, this apartment was pretty cool.

"Saph, look at her. Few weeks dating Princeton and she already talk like him." Sahana teased.

"Oh shut up! You know I been saying that since, forever." I answered sneaking a little piece of bacon. Saph slapped my hand. "No! Thats for the omelettes! "

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. Saph and I were definitely much much better friends then from when I just met her, but it is fun to mess with her sometimes.

"But you aren't part Spanish. Shouldn't you be saying... i dunno, Arabic words?" Sahana continued about that 'chica' thing.

"Like what, "Wassup Camels?"" I threw back.

They laughed and Saph flipped the omelette.

"No, but I thought you knew Arabic..."

"I do. I can read it and write it and speak it."

"Ok then.. why dont you do that rather than fakin Hispanic?"

"Who said I was faking Hispanic?"

"Nawwh dont get your titties in a twist. Im just playing."

"And even if I was faking Hispanic I could play it off real good cause I actually look Hispanic. " I explained to her, trying to sneak another piece of bacon.

"Hmm.. well, I mean, sorta. Your face and body does but.. hate to break it to you, but, Hispanics tend to have bigger boobs than you, but your ass matches alright.." she teased.

"Shut the fuck up..." I whined. I threw her a devlish grin.

"At least I ain't bang my boy at 2100 mph in the middle of a party in his upstairs bedroom. You hungry for some, Sahana??" I started bawling as she began to blush remember her and Prod's rendezvous in his room while I was throwing a party downstairs.

"Heheh.. starving." she faked a laugh so cheesy.

I laughed even harder.

"..And now, you are too cause you aint getting any eggs."

"Nooo!!" I whined as she grabbed the plate from me. Just then, there was a knock on the door. I went and opened the door, only to find myself hugging someone. I looked to see Prod, Ray, and Roc, so I knew it must be my boo.

He let go, only to place his hands on my waist and kiss me. There was a light moan that came out and I wasn't sure who it was from. All I knew was that this felt right.

Princeton pulled away, and looked me in the eyes. He took my hand and walked us to the corner of the room, one arm behind his back.

Prince: Uhmm.. about last night.. I am COMPLETELY sorry about everything that happened. I had no idea it was going to happen like this. Honestly, If it was on me, I would give this shit up in a second knowing it's all lies and bull. But.. I cant. My brothers are part in this too..-

Me: Princeton, I dont want you to quit this. Last night.. I was just caught off guard and I didn't know where to look or what to do... But seriously, Im fine now. Don't worry about it, okay baby?

His face didn't look quite so sure- he was always one to see right through my bull. I leaned in and kissed his soft lips, and that seemed to do the trick.

Prince: Well, anyways, I wanted to give you these.

He pulled his hand out from behind his back and handed me a bouquet of roses.

Me: Oh my goshh, they're gorgeous!! Thank you so much, Prince!! You're amazing.

I hugged him and I swear I never wanted to let go. I swear this boy is... something. Something perfect. Perfect in a weird kind of way..

------------------------------

Roc's POV

I waited until everyone got with their own boyfriend or girlfriend until I went and talked to Leah.

Me: I tried to smooth talk her last night, but the only thing on her mind was Princeton.

Leah: Dammit, Roc. You just ruined your own chance you retard.

Roc: It was a ball. Everyone looked sexy. There was dancing. And you were alone with her...

Roc: Did you hear me? I fucking tried but she cant get head mind off of him.

Leah: Who the hell told you this would be easy? You're supposed to "whoo" her with your smooth talk and skill. You got loads of that shit, Roc, and everyone knows it. Its why Princeton's tripping the fuck out since you were with her.

Me: I know, I know, but Lexi's... different. She's not like any other girl I've ever met. She makes you feel like the relationship is coming out of a romance novel.

Leah: and I bet she used to feel the same way. Now, you're job is to make her remember that. Remember how she felt when you two were together. How she felt when she saw her first glimpse of heaven.

I kept those words in my head all day and slowly constructed a plan in my head.