A CHARIOT RIDE

Another day is done, watching day turn into night. There's no moon, so the sky is black velvet with a bazillion stars sparkling in the night. Lace is mesmerized as the universe stretches out before her. Sitting in an ancient rock formed into a chair. Rubbed smooth from an eternity of use. Her Mother and Makenzie had both sat here with the Lord.
Never in a million years would she have dreamed this life for herself. She wanted something more. An extraordinary life filled with adventures. No two days alike. New interesting people coming and going. A happy life filled with laughter. How did things go so wrong for her? If the Lord hadn't appeared when He did. She's not sure where she would be sitting right now. If He hadn't saved her, she could be in hell. Tears come to her eyes as joy bubbles up from her soul. Exhaling the satisfaction at being near Him.
"Are you unhappy, Lace?"
"Never, not ever again, my Lord. I'm very thankful I'll spend all eternity with you. I was contemplating the turn of events in my life and the direction I was going in if You had not intervened when you did."
"I love you, my precious daughter. You are my reward. The joy you give me makes laying my life down for you so worth it."
Resting her head gently on His shoulder. "Thank You seems so inadequate. Even surrendering my life to You is not enough. Lord, that was you on those nights. I was so desperate and afraid, wasn't I? You understood the pain of their rejection. Those feeling of being so alone. Why are they so mean, and why can't my father love me too? I can't seem to get his attention. He's too busy or too distracted. "
     "He, too, is broken and crying out. The kids in your high school are broken too. You surrendered to me. You heard my voice and turned to me. Turning to me made it possible to intervene and save your life.  Those seconds broke the control the spirit of death had on you."
     Lace raised her head off the Lord's shoulder. "Will I go to hell, Lord, for attempting suicide? What will happen to me now if I can't go to Heaven?"
     "Lace, you did not do this to yourself. You were not in your right mind. This was mind control. No person in their right mind can kill themself or another human being. It is total mind control."
     The Lord's words bath Lace in peace. She felt the chains of shame slip from her soul. Freedom washed over her. She felt so light that she would float out into the universe if she did not grab Jesus' hand.
She laughs in delight when two beautiful matching white horses pull a chariot made of light. Stop right in front of her in mid-air.
    "Dear lady, would you have time for a ride in my chariot?"
     "Why yes, My Lord. I do believe I have all the time in the world to go for a ride with you in your chariot."
     He steps up and opens the door to assists Lace, and then sits next to her. Taking the reins, He gently flips them, and they're off, off into the black glittering universe. Gliding into the galaxy of billions of stars. Circling the planets faster than could be imagined. From earth, they all look white. But up here, there're colors she's never seen before.
     "Lord, oh, I'm sorry." Not realizing how silent it is this far into space, the loudness of her voice is startling. Not wanting to break the beautiful silence. Lace whispers, and even this seems harsh to her ears. Sensing the Lord's words in her mind. She listens intently.
    "Dear one, think it, and I can hear you—no need for words. Let your thoughts speak for you. "
     Turning to the Lord, she giggles and thinks. "Why did you make all of these planets and galaxies?"
     Answering her thoughts, "We made them for you to live on and govern. When the new Jerusalem moves to earth, Heaven becoming one with earth. You will have your heavenly bodies and can live on the plant of your choice."
     "We don't have to if we don't want to, do we?"
     "No, it'll be your choice, Lace. What do you want to do? If you could do anything, what would you like to do?"
      "If I could do anything, I would love to spend eternity writing praise songs and sing them to you. I would really enjoy doing that for you."
      "That would delight my soul; thank You. Would you like to see the birth of a new galaxy? Dear one."
      "I would, so they're still being created?"
      "For all eternity. There is no ending to the words I spoke, and Holy Spirit continues to create them. He is my voice as you are my hands."
Jesus claps His hands an explosion of sound fragments into thousands of planets. There are no comparisons on the Fourth of July to the majesty of Jesus' creation. The planets rain down in their place of orbit. Unimaginable colors, ones not yet revealed on earth, are displayed.
The power of the moment causes Lace to stand in praise for what she just experienced. Raising her hands, she is overwhelmed by the immenseness of this event. "Lord, one day, these planets will be inhabited?"
"Very soon, new outposts will be established by My children. All of this was and will be created for all of you to rule. We created it for your good pleasure."
"Oh, how fun. It will be fun, won't it?"
"Yes, to experience heaven is beyond your wildest dreams. All hindrances will be removed. All you've dreamed but been afraid to speak will come into existence. The dreams Father has dreamed for you will come true."
Lace turns to look at her King. His face radiating joy at the words He had spoken. "All for us, Lord?"
"Yes, my dear one, all for mankind to inherit. It's mine to give, and I chose you."