A SKIRMISH

Cliff settled in with the G Ma's to hear what Sarah could share about Lace. They all sat quietly for Sarah to gather her thoughts and pull herself together. Her voice is weak and shaky, with emotions that had been pressed down for a couple of weeks. Cliff's emotions find a weak place and begin to erupt out as he watches his sister struggle.
     "Ladies, can we pray for a few minutes to help Sarah get through these difficult feelings. Maybe pray in your prayer language quietly," L.T. said. A soft hum begins to vibrate the atmosphere around them. A sense of well-being and peace fills the room with a strong fragrance of roses. The aroma emanates in the atmosphere, and each person inhales deeply of it. As if drinking from a pool of clear cold water. They could not get enough of the scent as it swirled around the room.  The G Ma's relaxed into the experience. Cliff had not ever felt like this before and was shaken. He forces himself to stay seated. A force was trying to push him out of the room.
     The intercessors sensed the atmospheric change in the room and began to worship in prayer. Discerning a spiritual battle over Cliff, they all stood up and circled him for protection. L.T. put her hands on her husband's head and prayed fiercely over him. Sarah stood next to L.T., and the intercessors came around them. They were relentless and would not back down. It was a battle for Cliff, and they knew it. They were familiar with the rules of engagement, and they took no prisoners alive. Angels had been released as the ladies closed in for the victory. There were half a dozen or more angels packed in the family room at Cliff's house.   The enemy knew they had lost this skirmish and retreated to lick their wounds.
      Familiar with the enemy's retreat, the G Ma's clap and praise God for the victory. They knew it was a victory won by Jesus, their Lord, and King. Cliff was visibly shaken at this encounter. Never had he experienced his wife or sister in this manner. Surprised at their ferocity and determination to defeat this invisible foe left him speechless.
     The Pure joy of victory erupts in six G Ma's dancing and sing their praise to King Jesus. Impossible for Cliff to sit and watch. He to inters in the celebration. The G Ma's understood the magnitude of this skirmish. They had been praying for L.T.'s husband for some time now. They knew in their hearts the intensity of this battle would increase over this man. The demons would be confused for a while, but the G Ma's would be ready with a strategy straight from heaven when they regrouped. There is no fear in this group of seasoned warriors. They love their King and understand what is at stake here.
     The group again settles down to hear about the miracle of Lacie Jae's return home. Energized by their victory, Sarah's posture changed. She stood straight and tall for her Lord. "Last night, while zoning on the television with the girls, I felt and saw movement out of my peripheral vision. When I turned, it was Lace standing there. You can imagine our joy. We all but tackled her. She didn't share much, but she was not abducted as we think abduction. Jesus pulled her out of a very dark and dangerous place. She says it's because of our prayers. While she was in this dark place, she could hear us praying for her. When she was free, she took off running until she couldn't run anymore. The Lord was at the end of her rope, waiting for her. We don't know much more than that. She was exhausted by the time she had shared that little bit. So we put her to bed, and when we woke up, bless God, it was real and not a dream. She is home safe and sound, as far as we know. " Sarah sat down drained.
     " Would anyone like some coffee? And it looks like we have a freshly baked something if anyone wants some." Cliff offered. He poured seven cups of coffee and put the freshly baked cinnamon rolls on a plate with napkins. They all sat around the table, each taking a cup and a cinnamon roll. One bite and off again, they went to heaven. It was so good. The coffee revived them, and conversation resumed in its joyful manner.
    Feeling refreshed and embolden, they gathered their purses and Bibles to go home and defend their homefront. The three sat in the stillness. Enjoying the undisturbed serenity settling on them.
      Sarah sighs into her coffee. "Cliff, a whole new can of worms was opened today. You know that, don't you?"
     "Yes, I'm not sure what, but yes, I'm aware of that. The decision I made today is huge for my family and me. It's long overdue. Sadly, something so scary had to happen to wake me up. But I'm with you, Sarah. We'll help however we can."
     "Thank You. I appreciate that. I'll keep you posted and if could we have dinner together tomorrow? Cliff, if you want, you can barbeque burgers or something."
      "Sure, we'll figure something out tomorrow," He said.
      "Well, I'm going to go home and love on my girls. Nichole is at the house now. So I'll invite her and the family over too, OK."
      "Sarah, why don't you let me drive you home. I know it's not that far, but you've been through a lot today. Not to mention we need to be more vigilant in protecting ourselves. I know we have angels around us, but wisdom is always a good thing and saves many heartaches in the long run.  L.T., the kids will be out of school soon, so I'll drop my sister off and swing by and pick up the kids, OK?"
     "I'll start something for an early dinner, and we can relax this evening," L.T. said.