JOY OUR STRENGTH

Lace appears inside a church. The interior is beautiful and ornately decorated. She walked up to the Alter where a man is kneeling in prayer, his back to her. Standing a few feet behind him, saying, "Hello." She waited for his response.
His head slowly lifted, and he turned to look behind him. Standing there was a very pretty young woman. She was wearing a black beanie on her head with flaming red hair sticking out around it and black horned rim glasses. The rest of her clothing was also black. She looked like an athlete prepared to ski down the snowy slopes of Vail, Colorado. He stood up to face her, and as he did. An emerald green blaze of light appeared behind her. The light took on the appearance of a man. He radiated like a jewel caught in the rays of the sunshine. The girl and the angel stood waiting before him. He was rooted to the spot, and his mind was trying desperately to register what is standing before him.
The angel spoke first. "Jim, the Lord has sent us here."
He only stared. Lace stepped up to him, gently touching his arm in hopes of reassuring him. Jim blinked, his knees buckled, and he sat down hard on the step. The step only a few seconds ago he had been kneeling on in earnest prayer.
Lace squatted down in front of him. "Hi Jim, Lord Jesus requested us to visit you. It seems you have some doubts about your calling. There's no hurry. We've got as long as it takes for all of this to register. We are real, I'm a girl, and yes, Emerald is an angel. Daddy God blessed me with him before I was born. He's pretty special, and I am truly very thankful for him. But let me make it clear, I don't worship him. He is here to help me help you. I, like you, am a messenger for Jesus. He is God with skin on, and we are His body. Nod if you agree so far."
"I, I was asking the Lord if I missed it. I don't seem to be doing any good here. My congregation seems to be sleepwalking. They're going through the motions, but nothing ever changes. There's still sickness and disease, divorces, and abortions. Poverty is breaking their spirits. They're so distracted I wonder how they get here on Sundays. God seems so irrelevant in their lives. He's powerless, and the devil seems to have all the power. They've lost hope. I've lost hope that He's real. I sometimes believe He's just a character in the book, The Bible. I know I'm wrong. I know the breakdown is on my end, not His. But I don't know how to change it anymore." By now, Jim is sobbing his heart out.
Emerald and Lace wait so he can get a hold of himself. Looking at the two apologetically, he sobs out," I can't stop crying."
"You're crying all the hurts and heartbreak out of your soul. Would you please let it have its course? We understand, I understand. So many of the body of Christ is in this same crisis. Not too, very long ago, I was where you are . I was drawn into the supernatural dark thing in books and on TV. It had gotten to the point that I no longer had control over myself. It had gotten so bad that the enemy through me tried to kill me. I know all that saved me was my Mom and my Grandmother's prayers. Jim, Daddy, God hears our prayers. There's a point where we have to get  desperat and then He can move. That's not the way it's supposed to be,  but we give Him no other choice. We hang on so tight in fear and tie Gods hands so to speak. We have to let fear go. Your to that place of surrender. He has answered that's why we're here. The comforter has sent us to you. He is giving you a gift. This gift has never left your side. You, in your ignorance and unbelief, have never tapped into the supernatural power of God," Lacie Jae said.
The tears of disappointment slowed as he listened to Lace.
"The Comforter?" He questioned.
"Jim, the Bible tells us that before Jesus died on the Cross. He repeatedly taught the Disciples about the Comforter. That He would not abandon us, but leave us His Holy Spirit. The Comforter is His Spirit. God's precious heart is in us who believe. Jim, are you getting it yet? Do you see where the breakdown is? Do you see it's because you have never utilized this amazing gift Daddy God left us? His precious Holy Spirit has been waiting for you to plug into His power source. He parted the Red Sea, raised Lazarus from the dead, healed the sick. Through the submitted, surrendered Man, God our Lord Jesus Christ. Put it together, and this is the Trinity in you at work if you would let them."
" Why have I not seen this?" Jim asked.
"Because the religious spirit blinded you from it. Remember, in the New Testament, it says the devil blinds the believer to the truth of God. Deception is the big one the devil never wanted us to know. "
Jim sat as still as a mouse, only breathing, as the truth of The Bible soaked into his spirit. Minutes ticked by as the puzzle pieces slide into place in his heart. It dropped down from the gatekeeper, his mind, into his soul, his heart.
He's so deep in concentration that he doesn't notice his angel. There are no two angels alike. Thaddeus is very studios looking. With round glasses to match his round face and belly. His appearance matchs Jim's intellectual side. This side of him was now free. Daddy God designed him with the desire for knowledge. And Thaddeus would help guide him in the full knowledge of the truth. Thaddeus is a very powerful Angel, as many a demon had learned the hard way when they tried to harm Jim.
Jim's eyes refocused on Lace then on Emerald. "May we introduce you to your Angel, Jim?" Lace asked.
He blinked a couple of times, contemplating what she had just asked him. Then a smile of realization began to take form. "Yes, of course, please do."
Thaddeus stepped out from behind Jim. He was bowing ever so slightly at their formal introduction. Jim's jaw could have hit the floor. He stuttered in shock, "I, I know you. I have seen you many times in my dreams. And sometimes in the nightmares, I've had. " Jim stepped closer to Thaddeus in comfort and familiarity. Joy had replaced hopelessness, and Jim's prayers in time would all come to fruition. For his thoughts would come into agreement with God's will for his life.