Ch.30 - Time to close this chapter on a good note and start on a new adventure

Start from the beginning

"Yeah... Kanda was moved a few times back in the 1600's... but it should at least pose a good starting point for me. The landscape might have changed... but the general layout of the land and the familiarity of it hasn't faded from my mind."

You nodded to him, watching as he shoved the bags into the elevator. You filed in after him, pressing the lobby button and then waited in silence as the descent from the seventh story to down below began.

"I haven't been home for over 400 years..." He breathed out.

"We don't have to go if you don't want to." You told him, not wanting to push him to do things for the sake of your happiness alone.

This was just as much his honeymoon as it was yours, so he should at least feel as calm, cool, and collected as possible for him.

"No." He shook his head. "I want to go back. I need to... 'bout fucking time I paid my damn respects or some shit to my family and everyone else who fucking died."

You nodded to him, pushing your hand into one of his and squeezing slightly. He glanced over at you, seeing you looking at him with that look of yours. The one that seemed to have his chest always feel so strange and fuzzy, no matter the time that passed or what title you were to him.

"Well... I'll be right beside you then." You told him. "And if you'd let me... I want to say hello and pay my respects as well."

Bakugou nodded. "Had a feeling you would... seems like the type of thing you'd do, dough girl."

You chuckled softly. "Well...this is the closest I'd get to meet your parents. So I should at least show their resting place some respect... and also thank them for bringing you into this world. I'd be very lonely without you."

Bakugou grimaced. "Yeah... the old hag would have fucking adored you and that stupid smile of yours... she would have never let me hear the end of it..."

"End of what?" You snorted, still not believing he called his mother that.

"She would have never fucking let me hear the end of how you're too good for me and that I must have lucked out again." He sighed, moving right away when the elevator doors opened.

You laughed silently, Bakugou noticing how nothing he could say seemed to even put a dent into your happy state of mind. You had been like that since the vows, seeming quite happy and content, like you had gotten everything you had ever wanted or needed for the rest of your life.

Nothing else was desired and you were more than content with your state. He had noticed it from the light feelings always hovering around you, that damn power of yours never able to be fully taken control of, or when you'd speak to him. Genuine happiness looked rather marvelous on you, and even he had to admit that he enjoyed the atmosphere. Your mood seeming to calm even the most dangerous parts of his inner rage to the point where he had better and further control over his anger.

He could always say it was because of your emotional manipulation scratching the surface and making him stay in high spirits as well. But then again... he had felt it internally as well, meaning it wasn't completely you who was doing this, as he inwardly felt it as well, not just on his surface.

It had been around the same time when you had nodded and with tears in your eyes accepted his last name as your own. His heart beating rapidly as he pulled you into a kiss, marking the first of many of you being a Bakugou. And it hadn't stopped, especially when he caught himself gazing at you without knowing it.

"You zoning out now?" Your voice brought him back to reality and he shook his head, looking at you with a slight frown.

Like right now it appeared...