Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two:

Nathan's POV:

Funnily enough Tom had completely ignored me today, every time he'd walk past he would just turn away and start walking in the other direction. I wondered why he was completely ignoring me, I half-expected him to be back to his cocky self calling me 'babe' and shamelessly flirting with me. The final bell of the day rung and near-enough everyone jumped up from their seats and hurriedly packed away all their stuff.

Tom was in this class with me and I decided that I'd talk to him at the end - which is now - and confront him about why he had been ignoring me, especially after the kiss we shared on Friday night. I walked up to Tom and stood behind him, he was blissfully unaware of my presence until I cleared my throat and startled him out of his daze.

"Hi Tom." I smiled at him shyly. "We need to talk."

I could see the fear in his eyes, I wondered what he was scared of. "I-I" Was all he stuttered out before he got cut off by the teacher telling us that we could leave. The teacher didn't even get to finish off wishing us all a good day before Tom pelted out the classroom. I frowned, did he not want to talk about the kiss that badly? I was worried about Tom, he had been acting strange lately; he just seemed off, like something was bothering him.

Deciding that I wouldn't be giving up on getting my questions answered I was planning on following him. I just really needed to know.

Was he confused about all of this?

I wouldn't blame him as I'm confused as hell. There wasn't much doubt in my mind that I did have feelings for the cocky lad but we're the feelings mutual? I wondered if he regretted the kiss too, maybe the feelings weren't mutual but if they weren't he kissed me back so it all didn't make sense. I had started to get a headache due to all this overthink, I guess I shouldn't dwell on it too much and just wait until I got the answers out of him.

I quickly rushed out and followed Tom all the way out of the school gates and down all the roads, I wasn't too far behind him but not close enough where he could see me, I was happy medium in between the two lengths: close and far. We ended up at a closed warehouse that I'm sure had been closed for the past 10 years and I wondered why we was here.

Did Tom actually know that I was following him all this time and took us here so we could speak in private? Or was he still oblivious about it all?

I watched in awe as he skilfully jumped over the mental fence and landed on his feet on the other side of it. I waited a bit until he started walking before I clambered over the fence, not as skilfully as Tom did but I guess I still landed on my feet so it wasn't so bad at my first attempt of climbing over a gate. I followed behind Tom down the bumpy path that led to the entrance of the warehouse. Of course, I had to just not notice a rock that was sticking out and tripped over it, groaning as I almost face planted. I'm sure Jay's clumsiness has rubbed off on me. I must have created a lot of noise as Tom suddenly spun round and his eyebrows shot up when he saw me.

"What are you doing here?" Tom snapped but his expression softened a few moments later. "You can't be here Nath, it's not safe. Please just go back home."

"No." I shook my head stubbornly. "I'm not leaving until I get answers."

He sighed and then everything was quite for a moment. I guess he was just thinking it over. "Fine."

Hello everyone! I'm on half-term this week so I might be able to write some chapters but idk about updating as I'm going on holiday on Thursday until Tuesday so whether I'll be able to update is as of yet undecided.

I've got a new book out, please go and read it! It's called Gold Forever, the first chapter is posted but I won't be updating it until this book is finished/nearly finished. I might post the odd chapter before then but we will see how it goes.

I wanted to say something else but I can't remember what it was🙈 I should start writing them down hehe - Talia x