Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One.

Nathan's POV:

I shivered slightly at the chilly autumn weather that had finally hit us after weeks, months even of sunny weather. Unusual for England, there's usually flood warnings and frost covering the roads by now it's never this far into autumn where it starts to get colder. I wasn't complaining however, this usually meant it was a colder winter which is what I craved.

Tom had explained to me what happened, he swore that it was the truth but I wasn't sure if to trust him. He's a player, he plays people and manipulates their minds and that's what players do but could I trust him? Had he changed like he had told me he had? This was just confusing and I wish that this never happened, that I could just escape from it all but it was too late; I was in too deep with Tom. I finally realised that I had fallen too deep into his web, I fell for his trap I liked Tom now and there's nothing I could do to change that. I wish I didn't like him it would make my life a lot easier where I wouldn't have to deal with Tom's constant personality swings as well as mood swings.

I was grateful when the last class ended and we were able to go home and rest for the weekend as it was a Friday. I hoped that the weekend wouldn't go as fast as it always does but I knew that wouldn't help. I hurriedly packed my book away in my bag as well as my pencil case, not caring if it was a mess and hastily shoved my backpack on my shoulders before pushing past the herd of students trying to get out of the door.

I was nearly out of the school gates when I heard someone shouting my name behind me, I sighed and turned around.

"What do you want Max?" I waited until he caught up to me until I started walking out of school again.

"It's about Tom." I rolled my eyes. "Wait, hear me out please. I know he's a bit of a dick, he's my best friend but I know that he can be really sweet and kind."

"Are we still talking about Tom here?" I cut him off.

Max laughed. "No but seriously, I know he's telling the truth about the kiss he does really like you and he might struggle showing that as he hasn't been shown love, he doesn't know what it's like. Just give him a little time and he will come round but please, please believe him he feels like complete shit and is blaming himself for it all and it isn't even his fault."

"I'm not trying to guilt trip you or force you into a decision," he continued. "I'll let you have a think about it but please consider believing him as it is the truth." Max patted my shoulder before he walked away and left me standing dumbfounded.

I guess my weekend wasn't going to be as relaxing as I'd hoped it'd be.

* * *

It was Monday morning and I had the worst headache imaginable, I had barely slept over the weekend the thoughts of Tom plagued my mind and no matter what they wouldn't leave. I flinched at the ringing of the bell that seemed to be twice as loud than usual and Jay talking about the date he went of with his girlfriend the other night wasn't helping at all.

"Jay, I really, really love you but please can you shut up?"

"What's wrong with you? You look like death."

"Thanks." I laughed slightly, only slightly however it still made my head feel worse. "My head is just pounding, plus I've hardly slept all weekend."

Jay was about to open mouth when I heard the voice I had learnt to like as well as loathe at the same time. "Hey sunshine." I almost smiled, he called sunshine. Not babe. Sunshine. Tom then glared at Jay until he left and the smile suddenly turned into a frown.

"That was rude." I scolded.

"Sorry, I just wanted to get you on your own." He shrugged. "Can we talk?"

I nodded. "That's what we are doing now, isn't it?"

"Can we talk somewhere private?" He whispered, as if he was frightened of anyone else hearing.

I nodded and followed him down the corridor and out to the back of the school building. I was about to question why we were here when he pushed me into the wall and started kissing down my neck.

"I really like you Nath. Please believe me when that kiss mean nothing to me, it's only that I like." He mumbled against my neck.

He carried on kissing down my neck and along my jaw, occasionally nibbling. "Tom." I moaned.

"Yeah?" He looked up at me and I don't know what it was but something took over me and I smashed our lips together.