Chapter Fifteen

This is going to be short and terrible like my mood, sorry :(

Chapter Fifteen:

Nathan's POV:

Jay was right, I should be careful around Tom after all he isn't a very trustworthy person but maybe he has changed. I was all confused. It was just a whirlwind in my mind right now, everything was a mess. I had carefully avoided both Tom and Jay all day today well, until the end of the day.

I didn't bother to stop at my locker to wait for Jay I decided to just carry on walking out. I planned on keeping my head down and just keep walking and don't stop for any reason but my plan didn't work out too well; Max, Tom's friend chased after me yelling my name and telling me to stop. I didn't want too but my legs stopped for me, it was like they had a mind of their own. Max finally caught up to me, his hands on his knees as he tried to even his breathing.

"Nathan! I'm glad I finally caught up to you. Now, Tom sent me after you. He wants to have a word with you." Max spoke.

I sighed heavily. "Why couldn't he come after me himself?" I asked annoyed, not with Max but more with myself.

Max just shrugged, he then told me to follow him and silly me, did.

* * *

"What do you want Tom?" I didn't bother to be nice, I was tired and I had a hard day and all I wanted to do was to go home.

Tom looked shocked at my rude tone, he swallowed quickly. "Well--it's just-- I have something to ask you." He scratched the back of his neck. "That's all.."

"And that is?" I asked growing impatient by the second. I didn't have a clue why I was being so rude to him.

"Sorry for bothering you it's just-"

I cut him off. "No you aren't bothering me. It's just I'm tired and I just want to get home and sleep, what is it you want to ask me?"

"I was wondering-- I was thinking that maybe, you want to go on a date with me?" He rushed out the last bit a little too fast but I was still able to catch what he said. Unless my ears were playing a trick on me.

I know that this wasn't the first time Tom said to go on a date with him but this time he actually asked me and I had a sickly--but good-- feeling in my stomach. And I think I shocked both myself and Tom with my answer.

"Yes."

Tom's eyes widened in a comedic manner, it was as if he was a cartoon character. "Really?" He asked a mixture of surprise and happiness laced in his voice as well as facial expression.

I nodded.

His face then turned back to its usual smirky and cocky self - if that was possible. "Great, I'll see you tomorrow night at 8"