Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen.

Nathan's POV:

I could hear - well I'm guessing it was as I couldn't see it being Tom - Jay shouting after me. I didn't stop I just continued walking down the street, if he caught up to me just seeing his sympathetic smile would just make me completely breakdown, and I didn't want that. The air had started to get colder as the night closed in, I had no clue of the time and I couldn't even take a rough guess due to my watery eyes.

I let out a whimper as I remembered all the lies Tom told me. I meant nothing to him, I was nothing but a game to him; a game that ended up in me feeling heartbroken. I didn't love him, God no. It was much more painless than that. I liked him, yes, but not loved. I wondered how long his game was going to go on for, was it until I completely fell for him? I tried to shake all the negative thoughts away and try and tell myself that Tom's changed, he didn't want to kiss her there was probably a good explanation for it all but all the negative thoughts were too dominating, they took over my mind leaving no room for anything else. That's all what my mind was crammed with; negativity.

I decided I should let Jay catch up with me, I guess I needed some company despite me wanting to be alone, company was good. It was comforting. To be honest I was disappointed a little when it didn't turn out to be Tom running after me but my life wasn't some fantasy film or even a fiction book, it was real-life and I had to deal with the sad consequences of reality.

"N-Nathan, finally." Jay puffed out, he bent over slightly to catch his breath. "I know this is going to sound stupid but... Are you okay?"

I shook my head but my voice deceived me. "I'm fine."

He gave me a half-smile and gently patted my back.

"He's a dick, I was worried that something like this was going to happen sometime soon. This is why I don't like him, I didn't want you getting involved with him because I know what he's like. He's a heartless bastard and doesn't care about anyone but himself and I'm so, so sorry that he cheated on you like that because you deserve so much better."

"Thank you, Jay." I sniffled. It was times like this when I was glad for my only best friend, he can be an idiot at times but when it's times like this he never fails to say the right things and always makes me remember how grateful I am for having such an amazing best friend for always cheering me up and never failing to make me laugh.

He then pulled me into a hug, his arms wrapped around my waist whilst I tightly wrapped mine around his torso squeezing him slightly. "No problem Nathan, now please stop wiping your snot on me."

I giggled and pulled away. A large smile appeared on his face. "I knew I could make you laugh again!" He cheered for himself and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm guessing you don't want to go and watch the rest of the match then?"

"Can we go home? I'm kinda cold and I just need to sleep and try and forget about everything."

Sorry I've not updated in two weeks :/ it's been so stressful at school, I've had so much homework to do and I've got 3 exams coming up really soon and I have to start looking and applying for colleges soon as well so it will, sadly, affect on when I update for you all *le cry* as well I've been having a few personal problems :(.

I would also like to apologise on the shortness and the quality of the chapter, pretty shitty I know but I've been - like I said - busy so I've just not been able to think of anything to write. Hopefully the next chapter is better.

I tend to ramble a lot in my author's notes, I'm sorry about that.

I promise I'll shut up now! - Talia x