Chapter Seven

Knowing Heartbreak

Chapter Seven

It was moments like this that I felt ‘normal’. Here, in my room, with a friend, getting dressed to go party like the ‘foolish’ teenagers we are. I loved moments like this, it felt as if someday I could tell stories about all the amazing stuff I did in high school, though I know I won’t be able to do so. The only stories I’ll have are about how I broke hearts. 
“We look amazing!” Jane exclaimed, pinching my arm causing me to yelp.

“Why’d you pinch me?” I asked baffled at the soreness I felt on my arm.

“Because you looked a little out of it, I just wanted to wake you up. Plus, when you look as good as we do you have to be looking in the mirror, that way we’ll always think we look this amazing.” Jane said cockily.

“Jane, hon, I think Eric is rubbing off on you.” I chuckled as I adjusted my earrings, looking down at my dress. I was wearing a floral scuba knit dress, Jane was wearing a palm tree scuba knit dress. We were both wearing heels, Jane’s were strappy and black, and mine were black triangle-like peep toe heels that strapped at the ankles.

We look good.

 “Open the damn door, I wanna go party!” A masculine voice screamed from outside, and I realized it was James.

“Let’s go!” Jane said grabbing her sparkly clutch and my black clutch, handing it to me.

We ran down the hallway –well as fast as two teenage girls can walk in heels-, making our way to the front door. I opened the door, to find James in a button down and jeans.

He wolf whistles, making me roll my eyes. “You girls look hot, hot, hot!” He practically screams.

“Don’t whistle like that, it’s annoying and last I checked, you’re not the type of asshole who wolf whistles.” Jane rolls her eyes, making me smile.

Well, we have the same train of thought.

“Whatever,” James rolled his eyes, “Let’s go!” James demanded like a bratty child.

“C’mon!” Jane took a hold of my upper arm, as if I would get lost if she didn’t guide me, and the three of us made our way down the hallway towards the elevator.

We reached the ground floor, and walked out the double doors, and before I knew it, we were inside James’ BMW, zooming towards where the party was being held.

“Where is this party anyway?” I asked genuinely curious, breaking James’ and Jane’s horrible singing to some song by the band MAGIC!.

Jane snapped her head to me, instead of focusing on her phone, “The party is in this huge piece of the beach her daddy owns.” Jane rolled her eyes. “I just received the directions on how to get there.” Jane handed her phone to James, who took a sharp turn while still looking at the phone.