Chapter Thirty-Two

Knowing Heartbreak

Chapter Thirty-Two

The first thing I felt was the pounding in my head. Then the ache in the rest of my body. I let out a groan against the sheets I was on.

Then I heard a voice, "You're awake?" The voice asked, and it sounded like a guy and it was husky.

It made me jump, and that's when I sat up. I sat up way too quickly and my head pounded harder. That's when I became aware of my nudity and the guy who was sitting on the edge of the other side of the bed with his back towards me.

"What?" I muttered to myself, reaching to cover myself up with the navy blue covers.

That's when he turned to look at me and everything came back to me. Besides the aching of my head, I was able to remember the events of last night. The party, the alcohol, the slow dancing, kissing a handsome guy and then the passionate aftermath of a make out session.

Oh fuck.

"Just in case you don't remember, I used a condom last night." He whispered, looking down at his boxers. I did remember that though.

"No, I remember." I muttered back. "I fucked up." I muttered to myself again.

I did. I probably shouldn't have slept with him. I mean, last night was great, but it just didn't excuse my behavior.

"Emilia." He whispered, breaking the silence. I looked up at him, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What?" I asked him, totally confused.

"You're name's Emilia." He told me. And he wasn't wrong. My name was Emilia, my second name that is. Sniper Emilia. But the last time I used that name was when I was dating-

And that's when it all pieced itself together. As I looked up at him, his bright hazel eyes, the few stray freckles that you could barely notice even if you were up close and his tousled brown hair. Now, without the alcohol, I could think clearly. And with a few memories last night, I pieced it together. Now I knew why I recognized this house, his house. Why the boy who I slow danced with to EDM had seemed so bittersweetly familiar.

"Daniel." I couldn't help but utter, it slipped from my lips and rolled off my tongue easily.

"You remember." He said, looking up, into my eyes. Bright and sweet hazel eyes.

"Yeah." I murmured, feeling utterly lost.

"I honestly didn't think you would. I mean, from what I remember, you left as if I had never meant anything at all." He blurted out. He was wrong though, one of the only guys I ever targeted that I fully trusted and actually cared for a lot. But I couldn't tell him that back then, maybe I could now, but there wouldn't be any use behind it.

I opened my mouth to speak, to correct him, but he cut me off. "Do you want breakfast?" He asked, and I guess my confused face at his question spurred him on. "I think the girl who was the cause of a great night deserves a little hospitality." He told me. And this is the Daniel I knew from three years ago. Always caring because he could.

"The girl who broke your heart like you were nothing deserves hospitality?" I shot back at him, arching a brow.

"The girl who made my heart beat three years ago deserves hospitality after coincidentally coming back into my life." This time it was him correcting me, and he said it as if I had asked a no-brainer.

"Are you completely sure about that?" I asked. I'm sure he was, but I wasn't. What was I doing entangling my life back with him? Right after my past had screwed me over recently, too.