Chapter Thirty-Four

Knowing Heartbreak

Chapter Thirty-Four

"You deserve a prize for your cooking Bart." Is what Daniel said with a groan after taking the last bite of his cheesecake piece. You could have sworn Bart was making love to him instead of cooking for him with the way he groaned.

"Please reserve the passion you feel for my husband, Daniel." Lilly said in a teasing tone as she put her utensils down.

"Don't feel threatened by me, Lils." Daniel winked at her, "Don't worry, all my passion is for Sniper." Daniel grinned cheekily at me and I flushed while I glared at him.

"Is that so?" Bart questioned, face serious, eyebrows raised. Here comes the over protectiveness.

"I'll reserve that passion too, sir." He bowed his head down, but I could still see the grin on his face.

"Good call." Is all Bart replied.

By now, Sam was already peacefully asleep in bed. I should know, I put her to sleep while Daniel gushed about how adorable it was. We had just finished dessert when Daniel's moaning got in the way.

"So, I was thinking," Daniel began, before Bart cut him off.

"Seriously? Why isn't there any smoke yet?" Then he chuckled while Daniel glared at him.

"As I was saying," He began again pointedly. "I was thinking that Sniper should include her own story on her senior project documentary."

"The one about traumatization?" Lilly asked, because the project and school had already been brought up in conversation.

"Yeah, that one." He nodded at her.

"I think that'd be a good way to get it of your system. Plus, you'd probably get an even better grade because you added an extra story." Bart cut in and I just sighed.

"But everyone's gonna see it..." I trailed off because I was incredibly ashamed of my past.

"So? Who cares about them? The people who really know you, your friends and family, they know the truth and they know you regret it and that's all that matters." Lilly told me and she was right.

"I guess I'll try..." Is all I said when Lilly and Daniel rejoiced. Daniel was always right.

"Say it, Snip." He grinned at me, mischievously even.

"Say what?" I asked confused.

"You know. About me being what."

"You're always right." I sighed, and he laughed.

He smiled a big broad smile and then winked, "You know it, baby."

"C'mon kids, time to clean up." Bart said as he stood up from the dinner table and started picking up everybody's plate.
• • •
"Happy birthday!" People chorused, and that's when I woke up.

"What?" I asked incredibly confused, my voice groggy from sleep as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and turned my body to face the voices.

"Happy birthday, Snippy!" Sam suddenly cheered in her normal baby voice then she ran to my bed and jumped on it.

"Thanks, sweetie." I smiled at my aunt, my uncle, my cousin and at Daniel. "I had honestly forgotten about my birthday." I said sheepishly, looking down.