Chapter 28

I'm going to finish this book...I must finish this book no matter what!
____________________________________

        It wasn't that Ara was angry on (y/n)'s behalf although it did really bother her that he had been lied to. The reason she was angry was because of what Eun had told her and there was nothing she could do about it. "We have to go after them. If we don't, (y/n) might die," Ara said once Eun had informed her that Zhu was out of earshot. "We don't even know what's going on here. This isn't even a part of our overall objective," Eve said.

        "Are you saying we abandon him? (Y/n) just saved a whole city and even faught alongside us. We can't simply let things play out as they're about to," Chung said. "We don't even know what's going on. We wouldn't be of any help even if we tried," Aisha muttered. "You don't know that. Surely there's something we can do. Ara, tell us everything Eun knows about Zhu. He implied that Eun knew more than even (y/n)," Elsword said.

        "But not even (y/n) trusts that fox anymore. What good would it do for us to listen to his past? Even Eun could have been lied to," Lu objected. It was clear that the team was again being split on such a matter and it was unknown to Ara as to why this was so. The El Search Party had never had a problem with matters such as these. Everyone usually stood united when it came to helping someone out especially if this person had fought on their behalf.

        "It's not your friend's fault. Zhu is cursed and because of that, (y/n) has inherited increased bad luck. Things will not be easy if you plan to save him, especially considering the bad luck he was already stuck with from birth," Eun said in Ara's mind having read her thoughts."Then what do you suggest I do about it. From what I know, Zhu has been using him ever since they made a constract if one was even made to begin with. (Y/n) probably doesn't even know what that fox has planned," Ara thought as her comrades continued to argue.

       She herself could not stand there knowing that Zhu was leading her possible new comrade away from them to do who knew what. The worst that could happen waa definately (y/n)'s deab and Ara didn't want that to happen at all. She still intended to question him about their former village until he told her everything that he knew. He certainly couldn't do that if he were to die a second time.

        "Go after them. It will be dangerous since I don't know how far Zhu is willing to go with this, but it will certainly save him. You must leave now if you want to catch up to them. They're lilely leaving the city," Eun answered. Ara didn't hesitate to head to the exit but was stopped by Vapor. "His mother warned me back then that he brought bad luck. Even chieftain Karu was able to figure this out. If you leave to go after him now, you and possibly your entire team will have to deal with the consequences. He no longer has Illipia's protection," Vapor warned.

        "We're going regardless," Elsword said having heard Vapor's words. Ara was sure she was about to slip out of the conflict unnoticed but perhaps having allies to aid her wasn't so bad idea. "You didn't think we'd let you leave on your own, did you Ara?" Rena said. Ara glanced back at her teammates but didn't say anything. "You're taking away valuable time, Vapor. Please allow us to pass or we'll have to more you ourselves," Ciel said keeping his usual calm demeanor.

        Vapor sighed and stepped aside allowing them all to leave her shop. Ara was the first to exit and was also the first to spot Zhu off in the distance. He must have scared everyone away for the crowded city was crowded no longer. "You must hurry. Zhu will likely be trying to make his escape soon. Even if he seems friendly otlr even loyal, he only ever thinks about himself in the end. (Y/n)'s complete well-being is not in his interest as he clearly showed before kidnapping him," Eun said as Ara ran to catch up to them.

        Zhu looked back at them and locked gazes with Ara even if only for a moment. It was then that Ara realized Zhu did not intend to allow her or anyone else near him or (y/n) at any cost. Zhu stopped walking and Ara watched in dismay as (y/n) walked towards Zhu who allowed him to sit on his back. Even if it was likely against his will, it bother Ara that he'd easily gone with Zhu who took off ibto a sprint as soon as he got the chance.

        Eun lended Ara her power the moment Zhu began to move again but even as Ara ran to catch Zhu, she did not make any progress. "Ara, he's too far! We aren't going to catch up to him!" Elesis said. "We can't just stop and let (y/n) get taken away!" Chung said. "I never said that. No one stop until you've lost all of your energy. We're on a rescue mission. Treat this like our lives depend on it because it seems that (y/n)'s life does," Elesis spoke.

        Sometimes Ara wondered why she wasn't the leader but then again, Elsword did pretty great as a leader himself. Everything seemed like it would be fine and Ara began to think that maybe they could catch up to Zhu and save (y/n) once the fox's energy depleted. All of those hopeful thoughts disappeared when Zhu suddenly stopped and turned around to face them with what seemed like triuph gleaming in his eyes.

         (Y/n) dismounted the fox, causally standing in the sand but it was clear that it was not his purpose to simply stand there. His eyes had turned red, a feature that Zhu had only displayed before taking (y/n) away. Ara stopped in her tracks not wanting to get any closer for she knew what zhu was trying to do. "Why'd you stop? He's given us the chance we need," Add said just as he was about to pass Ara but she caught his arm and pulled him back behind her.

        They were maybe ten to fifteen meters away from where Zhu and (y/n) stood. "Don't get any closer to them. They'll attack," Ara warned. Surely she wasn't the only one that sensed the harmful intent that radiated from Zhu and now (y/n). "We aren't too late to stop him but (y/n) is not himself right now. If we don't take Zhu down or break his control over (y/n) soon enough, this will all end in (y/n)'s death," Eun warned.

        With the entire search party there and haulted in front of them, Zhu and (y/n) remained still watching each and every one of them. Ara in particular was waiting for (y/n) to so much as flinch because the moment he did, she would be his opponent, the one to snap him out of Zhu's control. If she didn't succeed, her he could be killed by the very people he had began to trust for it seemed thst Zhu wanted him to fight them all to the death.
____________________________________

        Very sorry about such a long time to have waited before my updating of this story. I had been very busy at first but then I started to get unmotivated and thus my ideas and will snapped. But then I was revived by a very nice comment that brought back my motivation so this book will be updated until I finish it. Until next time, which is hopefully soon, my very outstandingly spectacular readers!